• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
He is "fact or fiction" - is was apparent from postings a while back.

He always corrects me with "Governor" because his ego can't take being called Mr.

Representative Drake in his hearing at the high school said Huckabee and Speaker of the House were responsible for the "dirty politics" that went on with this bill passing.

Not to mention our Governor Scott who signed the bill despite widespread protests.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Who do you believe to be Mr. Huckabee among us?
Boomerang has decided that I am Gov. Huckabee and has continued to believe it even though I have assured Boomerang that it isn't so. Boomerang might be surprised to know that I am a moderate and Gov. Huckabee and I don't agree on a number of issues. I don't waste time trying to confuse people with facts when they simply won't listen.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
He is "fact or fiction" - is was apparent from postings a while back.

He always corrects me with "Governor" because his ego can't take being called Mr.

Representative Drake in his hearing at the high school said Huckabee and Speaker of the House were responsible for the "dirty politics" that went on with this bill passing.

Not to mention our Governor Scott who signed the bill despite widespread protests.
I call him Gov. out of respect. I always try to be respectful to people in general regardless of whether they agree with me or not. I am even respectful to you in spite of your continued propaganda that I am "Mr" Huckabee.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
Then why are you defending Mr. Huckabee when he is clearly behind the passage of bill 631 that repealed our customary use ordinance?

I believe Representative Drake.

Do you??

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Then why are you defending Mr. Huckabee when he is clearly behind the passage of bill 631 that repealed our customary use ordinance?

Do you??
I am not really meaning to defend him as much as I just think is is beyond comprehension that he has that kind of stronghold on FL politicians. There are so many things that have created the beach situation that it seems important that people quit playing the blame game and start coming up with ways to make the situation better. Just for the record, I trust most politicians about as far as I can throw them, which is not far at all.

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
I trust what I was told by a representative of the Florida legislature. You underestimate Huckabee's connections to get the bill written and passed.

You can think what you will but I don't think Drake would lie to me in person.

During that meeting they ALL said this was dirty politics - which it was.

There is no defense of this bill.

Yes we have major issues with growth, the TDC over advertising, the venders taking up our beaches with ghost chairs, and some bad behavior from a few visitors, but that is no reason to deny access to the beach all the way to the wet sand.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I am not really meaning to defend him as much as I just think is is beyond comprehension that he has that kind of stronghold on FL politicians. There are so many things that have created the beach situation that it seems important that people quit playing the blame game and start coming up with ways to make the situation better. Just for the record, I trust most politicians about as far as I can throw them, which is not far at all.

I think you have underestimated his political influence & money.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

Do you??

I believe Drake was covering his own backside and would lie to you just as any other politician would.