• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
You have a woefully inadequate knowledge of how this country was founded. Maybe a little History 101 should be in your future.

“It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

I am well aware of how this country was founded but I wasn't speaking in past tense. We have come a way since the days of Ghandi, MLK & Rosa Parks but obviously haven't learned as much as we should have.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Far more who applauded his actions and said that signs were "trash" so they should be thrown away. Some people just defended his actions, but others actually called him a hero.

I'm sorry to report that I saw some comments just today where a few people (out of many) were supportive of his actions. Not good.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
Maybe some residents of the county would like for some others to go back where they came from. I preferred to redneck Riviera to what it is now.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
This is the way I see it. Whether customary use is a go or not, the beaches are still the same size as they`ve always been, give or take on erosion. With the over development and advertising ( and this still continues ) this will always be an issue in Walton County. This will not go away.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
This is the way I see it. Whether customary use is a go or not, the beaches are still the same size as they`ve always been, give or take on erosion. With the over development and advertising ( and this still continues ) this will always be an issue in Walton County. This will not go away.
Sea level rise will eliminate the issue. This is like folks arguing over seats on the Titanic.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Each time I read the posts in this forum (or watch the news) I am reminded of the degeneration of human civility. Lets face it humans don't want to mix even when we say we do! Civil disobedience has consequences. Disobedience has punishments. Please don't mix this up. It is not that difficult to be civil but when we start justifying disobedience with civility we all lose. Maybe if the disobedience were connected to a long oppressed group of people it would be acceptable but that is not the case here. Destructive behavior is destructive behavior. We should all be focused on sea level rise and let the court decide issues that we as a community can't...