• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
The tourists are bringing more crap down in general. Those racks that hitch to the back of SUVs to create more carrying space are now seemingly the norm.
That’s why, as tourists, my husband and I rent from the beach vendors. We are starting to feel like, as tourists, that we aren’t welcome ... no matter what we do.

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
The tourists are bringing more crap down in general. Those racks that hitch to the back of SUVs to create more carrying space are now seemingly the norm.

This attitude along with the beach vendor issue is why I have made reservations for our next year vacation in another county in the panhandle. We spend thousands of dollars to support your community as tourists...

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
This attitude along with the beach vendor issue is why I have made reservations for our next year vacation in another county in the panhandle. We spend thousands of dollars to support your community as tourists...
I hope wherever you are going turns out to be wonderful!

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
There shouldn't be any pre-setup, period. If someone wants to rent a chair, it should be set up when the person is actually at the beach and taken down when the person leaves.
What if the person or persons just goes back to his or her rental unit to get lunch, use the restroom, etc?

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Why can't tourist carry their chairs and umbrellas to the beach each day like the lowly locals?
We used to but as we have gotten older it’s a bit challenging, especially with knee and shoulder replacements; however, we still love the beach and have kept our beach bodies int pretty good shape.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
How far do you think we can push money grab? In the spring if someone set up a table at a county access and charged admission do you think anyone would come to stop it?

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
How far do you think we can push money grab? In the spring if someone set up a table at a county access and charged admission do you think anyone would come to stop it?
In order to claim your 50% to make money off of you have to claim your territory by spreading out items like chairs or umbrellas.

I do wonder what you could get away with. Like spreading out bamboo mats or towels or mini umbrellas as place markers along the water and charging for "your" space.