• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
This attitude along with the beach vendor issue is why I have made reservations for our next year vacation in another county in the panhandle. We spend thousands of dollars to support your community as tourists...

What attitude? I am simply stating a fact...and I didn't even mention the practice of getting a UHAUL trailer to carry ALL THAT BEACH CRAP hundreds of miles down here!!:banging:

JBBeached

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2008
This attitude along with the beach vendor issue is why I have made reservations for our next year vacation in another county in the panhandle. We spend thousands of dollars to support your community as tourists...

The comment about tourist bringing more crap to the beach is true. Once upon a time people took chairs, umbrella(s), towels and a cooler to the beach. Now they make 3 to 4 trips down to bring pretty much everything but the kitchen sink (it's more like day camping these days). I've watched them make the trips back and forth with all their stuff. If a storm blows up they can't get all their crap together to keep it from taking off down the beach (or into a beachfront property owner's yard or pool) in the wind. So they either abandon it and run to wherever they are staying or they stay out in the wind and lightning trying to gather their crap. Take what you can carry in one trip :)

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
We used to but as we have gotten older it’s a bit challenging, especially with knee and shoulder replacements; however, we still love the beach and have kept our beach bodies int pretty good shape.
I'm a local 67 year old and my wife is 65 and we carry our own beach gear. You don't need to pack for the end times. A chair each, one umbrella, and a small cooler and we are good to go. Many beach chairs are made to be worn like a backpack. If our snacks are not enough food we leave and patronize a nearby restaurant. In eleven years living here no one has ever disturbed our belongings while we had lunch.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
I'm a local 67 year old and my wife is 65 and we carry our own beach gear. You don't need to pack for the end times. A chair each, one umbrella, and a small cooler and we are good to go. Many beach chairs are made to be worn like a backpack. If our snacks are not enough food we leave and patronize a nearby restaurant. In eleven years living here no one has ever disturbed our belongings while we had lunch.
Well, I’m glad you and your wife fell comfortable doing that; I’m sorry that we don’t. Have you had a knee replacement and in need of another, along with a complete shoulder replacement? By the way, we aren’t packing for the end times. We are coming to Seagrove the first week of October, but I sure don’t feel welcome. (My husband and I are often cleaning up after others on the beach.)

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
The comment about tourist bringing more crap to the beach is true. Once upon a time people took chairs, umbrella(s), towels and a cooler to the beach. Now they make 3 to 4 trips down to bring pretty much everything but the kitchen sink (it's more like day camping these days). I've watched them make the trips back and forth with all their stuff. If a storm blows up they can't get all their crap together to keep it from taking off down the beach (or into a beachfront property owner's yard or pool) in the wind. So they either abandon it and run to wherever they are staying or they stay out in the wind and lightning trying to gather their crap. Take what you can carry in one trip :)
As beach chair /umbrella renters, we’ve witnessed this as well. We have NEVER left anything but our footprints on the beach. Again, we support rules and regulations for beach vendors; however, we love the convenience and comfort of those chairs.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Well, I’m glad you and your wife fell comfortable doing that; I’m sorry that we don’t. Have you had a knee replacement and in need of another, along with a complete shoulder replacement? By the way, we aren’t packing for the end times. We are coming to Seagrove the first week of October, but I sure don’t feel welcome. (My husband and I are often cleaning up after others on the beach.)
Dang! With all those new parts you should be able to carry a load like a pack mule. I'm still working with the worn out original equipment.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Dang! With all those new parts you should be able to carry a load like a pack mule. I'm still working with the worn out original equipment.
Hopefully, that was intended as a joke ... but not a very good one. I’m sorry we don’t have an ocean in St. Louis, but we don’t. Would it be okay if we borrow a bit of your beach?

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Not all tourists do “day camping”, so what should those of us who want to visit do. Should we go through a security check points similar to the airports? Do we need to have our beach gear measured and weighed? I have been asking questions and replying politely for a day or so, but perhaps I should just be a rude as some of you locals are being. My husband and I have been outraged by the way some folks treat the beach and the ocean .... WE ARE NOT LIKE THAT!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Secret 30A beach but if you find it these are the rules

Attachments

• 83362387-A0CD-4C5C-AA96-F6896B8A0F72.jpeg
    83362387-A0CD-4C5C-AA96-F6896B8A0F72.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 172