• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Lighten up Wuchie and quit feeling persecuted. If you want to rent chairs and umbrellas from a vendor no one is going to stop you. We understand you don't want to be burdened with toting your own gear. I only suggested an option that can give visitors more flexibility and can be gifted to another family when they depart.
“Are you sure that you are healthy enough to make the trip?” This is a rude comment ... period! Joking about someone’s health issues is not funny Laser surgery to repair stenosis, knee and shoulder replacements ... these cost money and they need to last as long as possible, so we try to take as many precautions as possible.
“Dang! With all those new parts you should be able to carry a load like a pack mule. I'm still working with the worn out original equipment.” This is mean-spirited. By the way, I have a helluva sense of humor from teaching for 40+ years.

Last edited:

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
“Are you sure that you are healthy enough to make the trip?” This is a rude comment ... period! Joking about someone’s health issues is not funny Laser surgery to repair stenosis, knee and shoulder replacements ... these cost money and they need to last as long as possible, so we try to take as many precautions as possible.
“Dang! With all those new parts you should be able to carry a load like a pack mule. I'm still working with the worn out original equipment.” This is mean-spirited. By the way, I have a helluva sense of humor from teaching for 40+ years.
Does this mean our summer love affair is over and you're moving on?:dunno:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I agree with EZ4144...I am sick of the "entitled ones" that move here/vacation here and run rampant and disrespect the locals. They move here and immediately start wanting to change the area to be more like ATL,BHAM. or where ever. Just remember we are the ones that pour your drinks,serve your food, ring you up at Publix,built your house and then come and unclog your toilet. How about a little respect for us that invited you with open arms and didnt realize that while our arms were outstretched you had the knife ready to stab us in the back. There used to be a big party at the end of every summer (RIP Jimmy) where we celebrated GOBB...(Got Our Beach Back) and now you (that probably came and enjoyed the free food and drinks at that party) want to say we cant use it anymore. Well all I have to say is ..if you dont like it ..LEAVE. Sell that house that you pay so much tax on and have to put up with so much at. With the price of beachfront in SOWAL you should be able to afford a really nice one on a beach somewhere else.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
I didn't think my response was rude. I'm sorry you felt that it was. I was just pointing out what some of the issues are. I didn't say ALL tourists day camp, merely pointing out that it happens and it's quite irritating to other tourists and locals alike. I walk down, take 2 chairs, a cooler and beach bag. We stay a few hours and we leave. I usually pick up whatever other garbage is laying by that will fit in my Public garbage bag and take it to my garbage can. I have sat on the beach in front on my house twice this summer. It's so packed by 6 AM during the summer, there is no place for us to sit. I work during the week. I would love to be able to sit on the beach on Saturday and Sunday without getting up at the crack of dawn to secure a spot. With the day camping that takes place, nobody leaves to free up a place until well after sunset so I don't go to the beach.
My apologies!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I know...what I heard was on some beaches vendors will set up any time any where they want..one owner said if he didn’t get up at 5:45 and get his space ( behind his own house) he would be blocked out....I would be be posting signs also...that’s not right..

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
  • 30 additional citizens spoke in favor of CU.
  • 10 citizens spoke against CU.
  • Multiple beach front property owners said that they don’t have issues with members of the public being on the beach in front of their property and haven’t had problems with that over the years, ✔️✔️but there are many issues with commercial beach chair vendors setting up on their property, so they don’t support Customary Use.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Easy to say. Not easy to accomplish unless you have full time gear on the beach with attendants like the resorts. Walton County shouldn't be in the beach vending business. The alternative is to lease out property and take a cut or have vendors bid on accesses. Another mess and opportunities for abuses.

The other alternative is to ban vendors on public beaches. I'm sure there are plenty of private property owners withing walking distance of an access that would be happy to make money by employing vendors and gear like a resort. Another can of worms and something that would have to be regulated by the county and more legal headaches.

However I am for banning vendors on public property. If people need chairs and umbrellas and boats, etc. let them stay at a resort. Keep the public beaches free and clean.
What is considered a resort? If we are staying at a condo complex (Beachront II near the Walton Dunes Beach Access), are we causing problems by renting a beach set up for the week?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
What is considered a resort? If we are staying at a condo complex (Beachront II near the Walton Dunes Beach Access), are we causing problems by renting a beach set up for the week?
Sanctuary at Redfish condos have a private beach only easily accessible by condo water taxi over Big Redfish Lake..most owners include daily setups 2chairs and umbrella in rent.... search VRBO.....prices drop after August 20 ish...(fall rates) located In BMB...there are no locals to be bothered..just condo owners and guest..of course this to is subject to CU out come....

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
Sanctuary at Redfish condos have a private beach only easily accessible by condo water taxi over Big Redfish Lake..most owners include daily setups 2chairs and umbrella in rent.... search VRBO.....prices drop after August 20 ish...(fall rates) located In BMB...there are no locals to be bothered..just condo owners and guest..of course this to is subject to CU out come....
Beautiful property! However, those condos are too big for just the two of us, and I don’t want to take a boat to get to the beach.

Last edited by a moderator: