• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
2018 BEACH VENDOR POST SEASON MEETING
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Please be notified that the Walton County Tourist Development Council Beach Code Enforcement staff will be holding two separate meetings for the Post-Season Beach Vendors’ meetings. The first meeting will be held Monday, September 17, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. and the second meeting will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The meetings will be held at the South Walton Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. The purpose of these meetings is to discuss the 2018 beach vending season and general beach vending issues. All current and ✔️prospective beach vendors are encouraged to attend one of the scheduled meetings. Two or more Walton County Elected or Appointed Officials may attend. These meetings are open to the public. Please email Tricia@visitsouthwalton.com with any questions or suggestions.

!!Prospective beach vendors!!!! Guess BCC is planning on adding MORE Mafia members...they obviously have no idea of the country citizenship’s feelings on this Monster Vendor Problem....

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
The Walton County Tourist Development Council Beach Code Enforcement Post-Season Beach Vendors’ meetings scheduled for Monday, September 17, 2018 has been removed from the calendar. The only meeting will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The meetings will be held at the South Walton Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the 2018 beach vending season and general beach vending issues. All current and prospective beach vendors are encouraged to attend the scheduled meeting. Two or more Walton County Elected or Appointed Officials may attend. These meetings are open to the public. Please email Tricia@visitsouthwalton.com with any questions or suggestions.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
The Walton County Tourist Development Council Beach Code Enforcement Post-Season Beach Vendors’ meetings scheduled for Monday, September 17, 2018 has been removed from the calendar. The only meeting will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The meetings will be held at the South Walton Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the 2018 beach vending season and general beach vending issues. All current and prospective beach vendors are encouraged to attend the scheduled meeting. Two or more Walton County Elected or Appointed Officials may attend. These meetings are open to the public. Please email Tricia@visitsouthwalton.com with any questions or suggestions.
Here is what I sent: Greetings!
My husband and I visit 30A once or twice a year because we don’t think there are more beautiful beaches anywhere. We have been following the news regarding CU and beach vendor issues. We always rent a beach set-up for the week because the chairs are comfortable and the umbrella is sturdy. We have seen too many of the cheap ones blown away in the wind or left as trash. We are in our 60s but in pretty good shape. However, back surgery and a couple of joint replacements have made it more challenging to haul stuff to the beach, so we appreciate the vendors. However, we have seen them multiplying like rabbits and far too many “ghost chairs.” We certainly don’t want the vendors eliminated but more stringent rules and regulations seem necessary. Perhaps the vendors can be assigned certain beach access points or be limited to a specific number of set-ups at each access. My husband and I don’t mind paying on a daily basis when we arrive at the beach, and we don’t need our set-up to be at the water’s edge. Walking to get in the water isn’t a problem rather it’s the hauling beach gear from the condo. We would rather see families with children have those spots so that the adults can keep an eye on the kiddos. Thanks for listening!
Cheers,
Cindy Wucher

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
It amazes me that most of the beach property itself was quick claimed or quite title. From my understanding they have no warranty .which means the county should remove all non warrenty deeded property on the county web site. That would remove 90 percent of people who claim they own it.I think it's a shame to be fighting over beach property , that was claimed with out Merrit.viscaya beach is one of them.If you go to Walton tax map they show up all over beach front property. You can pay 3,500,000 million for land above beach but then only pay 100.00 for the beach that connects to it. The county should not allow any quick claims of the people's beach. And if that is what they think is right . they should be held accountable ,wonder how many would pay the extra 4 million to say they own the beach. Instead of a worthless quick claim of 100.00 with no real ownership.the other side is maybe the county is fine with selling the beach at 100 a shot.
People keep saying that most of the beach was quit claimed or quiet titled. I know there are several known areas where those legal actions have been involved, but to say most requires some backing up with sources. Every one of the big resort areas, for instance, own beach. To my knowledge, none of them were quiet titled or quit claimed.