• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Please do go to Seaside's residence only beach that most here, including you know about. Most "long timers" here on sowal dot com have been whining and complaining about private vs. public beaches for a decade. Ten years!

All of you, just use Seaside's private beach --- in fact knock on founder Robert Davis' door and tell him he's an a*hole for having a private residences only beach and you and everyone in Walton county is going to ignore him and use it anyways. Tell him how pissed you are that he allowed the public to use a portion of his private beach - but kept the rest of it private just for his owners.

Then go to Watersound's beach club and use their beach - tell them resident Rauschkolb said it was okay. Go to Watercolor and tell them you are friends with resident Daniel Uhlfelder and he thinks all beach property is public and that's good enough for you, and so you are going to use their private beach too. Go to Rosemary Beach and use that resident's only beach and tell the owners you are ignoring them.

Stop picking on the little guys protecting their property rights - at least have some courage to go against the big names who all of you have made "off limits" because your customary use leaders live there.
I don't discriminate. I use any beach, any time, anywhere. Call the cops I don't care. Except I'm sure they have something better to do than be your beach cop. As for resort security I pay no more attention to them than I would a mall cop. I'm doing nothing wrong go bother someone else.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
I don't discriminate. I use any beach, any time, anywhere. Call the cops I don't care. Except I'm sure they have something better to do than be your beach cop. As for resort security I pay no more attention to them than I would a mall cop. I'm doing nothing wrong go bother someone else.

Photos of you set-up during the weekend at Seaside Residents only beach, Watersound Beach Club, and Watercolor otherwise nothing but tough "sowal dot com" talk from an anonymous poster - we've got ten years of that!

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Photos of you set-up during the weekend at Seaside Residents only beach, Watersound Beach Club, and Watercolor otherwise nothing but tough "sowal dot com" talk from an anonymous poster - we've got ten years of that!
I don't do set ups. I don't use other people's walkovers, pee in the dunes, or play music. But I will go on any beach, any time, anywhere. Your paper means nothing to me. You're wasting your money and your breath. SoWal is a community of beach lovers. You are a community of none.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
I don't do set ups. I don't use other people's walkovers, pee in the dunes, or play music. But I will go on any beach, any time, anywhere. Your paper means nothing to me. You're wasting your money and your breath. SoWal is a community of beach lovers. You are a community of none.

Oh I get it, you are one of those the rules don't apply to me types. EYE ROLL

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Responses in blue...
Please do go to Seaside's residence only beach that most here, including you know about. Most "long timers" here on sowal dot com have been whining and complaining about private vs. public beaches for a decade. Ten years! How would you know? You have barely been on here 10 days!

All of you, just use Seaside's private beach --- in fact knock on founder Robert Davis' door and tell him he's an a*hole for having a private residences only beach and you and everyone in Walton county is going to ignore him and use it anyways. Tell him how pissed you are that he allowed the public to use a portion of his private beach - but kept the rest of it private just for his owners. Robert hasnt lived here in years. And back when they did live here I walked "their" beach all the time. He didnt seem to care.

Then go to Watersound's beach club and use their beach - tell them resident Rauschkolb said it was okay. Go to Watercolor and tell them you are friends with resident Daniel Uhlfelder and he thinks all beach property is public and that's good enough for you, and so you are going to use their private beach too. Go to Rosemary Beach and use that resident's only beach and tell the owners you are ignoring them. I HAVE been to Watersound AND Rosemary beaches, no one said a word to me.

Stop picking on the little guys protecting their property rights - at least have some courage to go against the big names who all of you have made "off limits" because your customary use leaders live there.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Responses in blue...

Completely missing the point "jodi" ... you probably walked my beach too ... I don't care but I didn't know you did it either. There's a world's difference between 1 person walking a beach without any attention to themselves vs. setting up your beach set-up with chairs umbrella etc and doing it in the "resort" private beaches which have been curiously untouched and left out of the debate by the customary use leaders and supporters. Again, this is not about locals walking around on the beach and waving to each other.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I'll add one more confusion to the mix. There was line called the CSBL (Coastal Set-Back Line) that was different than the CCCL. Even with a variance to extend construction seaward of the CCCL, you absolutely could not build seaward of the CSBL. Attached is a map composed by a FDEP official, Roland Gomez, with that line delineated.
Looks like the vacant lot on that particular file really affects the CSBL. Surely, that doesn't mean the vacant lot would be unbuildable, but who knows around here.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
So...if CCL and/or CCCL are incorrect, what do YOU call the line that you cannot - or are not supposed to - build seaward of? Don't tell me you don't think there is one, because there most certainly is.
I'm not saying they are correct or not. Just offering a possible explanation of what the CCL is compared to the CCCL.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016

Doesn't sound like you are part of the problem if you don't set up in those areas. Good for you.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Looks like the vacant lot on that particular file really affects the CSBL. Surely, that doesn't mean the vacant lot would be unbuildable, but who knows around here.
The CSBL doesn’t seem to exist anymore. Possibly due to Red Tide Rick’s “restructuring” of DEP, who won’t reply to any inquiries about what happen to it.