• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
YES... but Michael is going to push it up to Freeport Wednesday...Coughing from fumes....batten down the hatches

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
174338.png

Imperialegg

Beach Comber
Aug 9, 2018
Inlet Beach, FL
Three of us tried to go to Henderson Beach State park in Destin yesterday and could not even get out of the car for the toxic air blasting in our faces off the ocean from the red tide. Its invisible in the air. As for the water, its not red, more like diluted dark green where the waves break. I describe the feeling as one of the following: 1) like microscopic shards of glass or poison are going into your lungs. 2) like you inhaled microscopic airborne acid particles. 3) Like microscopic jellyfish are stinging inside your lungs. You start coughing and have trouble breathing and cannot catch your breath. No I don't have asthma and I am a non-smoker. Its heartbreaking to not be able to enjoy such a beautiful coastline and not see the turquoise waters.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Good news Michael will break up Red Tide particles..Bad News dunes and beaches will suffer severely..