• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

newyorker

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
have not been to Sowal in a number of years, but it is a happy place of many good family memories. Praying for ya'll that property damage is minimal. The CNN coverage of beaches further east is sobering.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
It is bad East of PC, but I’m sure fake news CNN is making it appear worst. “ you need a deep water flood shot? I’ll stand in a deep ditch.”

Attachments

• 13322328-7CCF-45EA-B943-B1C94D199B2C.jpeg
    13322328-7CCF-45EA-B943-B1C94D199B2C.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 210

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
It is bad East of PC, but I’m sure fake news CNN is making it appear worst. “ you need a deep water flood shot? I’ll stand in a deep ditch

The incident you are referring to has been proven to have been mischaracterized.

“Don’t bother me with facts, son. I’ve already made up my mind,” [FoghornLeghorn]

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Turns out Chelco has a facebook page with helpful information:

Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative, Inc. Areas on the east end of our service area south of the bay, such as Point Washington, Grayton Beach and Eastern Lake, are out of power primarily because the transmission line that feeds the aea from Panaman City Beach is out of service. This impacts three of our substations. The transmission line is owned and operated by another power company. We are told that they are working on that line today. After it is repaired, there might be other damage from the substation to members' homes that will need to be repaired.

Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative, Inc.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Also, their outage viewer is dependent on power to their SRB office which is affected by the same outage, so it's unlikely to be back up until after they've successfully restored power to the area. So check the facebook page for updates.

luckylady

Beach Comber
Jun 18, 2013
My 16-year-old son, who can find anything on the internet, gave me this same info this morning BUT he also told me that a crew was working on the particular transmission line this morning (that was before he left for school). LOL, he seemed to know exactly what he was talking about, so I took him at his word. I hope it is true.