• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
It pains me to post this, especially in light of post hurricane and the real issues..but this really pissed me off "what the market will bear" mentality on 30a is reaching a whole new level. I went into the Donut Hut this AM and four kolaches and one donut was $33. But then again their pizza place for a slice and a drink is $12.

A lady (for her students) was buying 50 glazed donuts.....discount? Of course! It was only a hundred and something dollars. I know, I know, labor is crazy expensive, but a donut is flour, water, oil and sugar. The cost to make a glazed donut is 12 cents.

Does it end? It does with me. Brozinni, Donut Hut and Big Daddy, you can keep it, I ain't taking it anymore.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
You can always go to the Wheelhouse and get a great breakfast for $4.50...Oops, wrong decade...

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Just FYI...yesterday we had a crew bring relief supplies and food out to Indian Pass. Through social media, someone at Inlet Beach Donut Hole found out about the trip out there, called and gave us 20 DOZEN FREE donuts to bring along. That was a nice gesture, to be sure.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Just FYI...yesterday we had a crew bring relief supplies and food out to Indian Pass. Through social media, someone at Inlet Beach Donut Hole found out about the trip out there, called and gave us 20 DOZEN FREE donuts to bring along. That was a nice gesture, to be sure.

Thanks to your crew for feeding Indian Pass!

Dennyk

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2017
Seagrove
It pains me to post this, especially in light of post hurricane and the real issues..but this really pissed me off "what the market will bear" mentality on 30a is reaching a whole new level. I went into the Donut Hut this AM and four kolaches and one donut was $33. But then again their pizza place for a slice and a drink is $12.

A lady (for her students) was buying 50 glazed donuts.....discount? Of course! It was only a hundred and something dollars. I know, I know, labor is crazy expensive, but a donut is flour, water, oil and sugar. The cost to make a glazed donut is 12 cents.

Does it end? It does with me. Brozinni, Donut Hut and Big Daddy, you can keep it, I ain't taking it anymore.
Maybe , someone made a mistake when ringing you up. On their website it says the koloaches are $3.75 and most of the donuts are 1.99. You can always go to the five daughters airstream and pay $5.00 for one donut. Now that is crazy.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Let's say thanks to all the restaurants and staff who have helped feed those in need. Go to their places and enjoy a meal with a warm heart and cold cash.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015

Be careful mentioning Brozinnis. Mr Brozinni is known for going postal when criticized.