• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
LVT, I agree with you about what is happening in the republican party. I agree with you about Rick Scott and Donald Trump. However in the name of whatever great power you believe in please try to stop the demonstrous name calling of people because at the very least it is not civil and at the worst it turns people away from your opinions and belief. Your opinions may be correct and good but when you go low it causes others that may disagree to go low or lower. People just simply will not listen when you go low. If you have given up on those people who voted for Rick Scott and Donald Trump then go ahead and rip them with demonstous words and presto you got yourself an enemy. I believe there is a better way although very frustrating indeed to try and reason with people who let their party think for them. It all starts with respect and listening. I have respect for you as I try to do with all people. We do not have to always agree to have respect. I am worried about our political system dividing us and both sides seem to be doing a darn good job. Why not just be active in supporting a better candidate rather than all this name calling stuff? It looks like Florida is very divided and republicans seem to be connecting to the people just a tad better. We need to change that which means we have to connect to more people than the republicans. I personally would like to see the republicans have a better message for social and environmental issues but it looks like that is not going to happen so I have no choice but to vote for democrats. I really wish we had another party or two...

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
The last thing I see in this forums is the question about red tide. It is gone and thank goodness. The water is clear and clean.
It's been like that off and on for a few months. We've had red tide when the water is choppy with onshore winds. When it is calm no noticeable red tide. Maybe it is gone time will tell.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
From CBA Newsletter:

Despite news reports, CBA has no definitive evidence that the fish kills this fall were a direct result of red tide. CBA collected and sent multiple samples to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) laboratory, and only one came back with small levels of the red tide algae. We are awaiting further analysis results from the FWC.

While we cannot be sure what caused the fish kills, they could have stemmed from low oxygen levels or another, unrelated cause. As temperatures cool this winter, we will continue to keep an eye on the bay during monthly water quality sampling.

In an effort to collect more information about red tide, we are calling for volunteers to take water samples in the Gulf of Mexico. Contact bfoley@nwfsc.edu.

Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance | 109 Greenway Trail, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
So what caused all the Coughing spells as you neared the water August-October?