• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
Walton County is currently accepting applications for any who would like to volunteer to serve on any of the BCCs Committees or Boards.

It's easy to volunteer. All you need to do is complete a Walton County Volunteer Application, provide a brief background of your experience and indicate which Board, Commission, Council or Committee on which you would be willing to serve. (* indicates an annual Financial Disclosure Form must be submitted to serve)

Public participation in government is at the heart of democracy. A great way to become part of your local government is through volunteering to serve on one of the County's many advisory Boards, Commissions, Councils or Committees. These volunteer opportunities allow all citizens to become engaged with local government and provide advice and recommendations from a citizen perspective to the Board of County Commissioners.

Walton County citizens can volunteer to serve on any of the County Boards, Commissions, Councils or Committees listed below:

* Affordable Housing Committee
* Coastal Dune Lake Advisory Committee
* Code Enforcement Board*
* Contractors' Competency Board
* Design Review Board*
* Library Advisory Board
* Planning Commission*
* Public Safety Coordinating Council
* RESTORE Committee

* TRIUMPH Committee

* Zoning Board of Adjustments*

Hardcopy applications can be found on the County website at http://www.co.walton.fl.us/documentcenter/view/6640.

Online applications can be completed at Walton County, FL - Home Page.

Hardcopy applications can be dropped off at County Administration at 76 N. 6th Street in DeFuniak Springs, or faxed to 850-892-8454.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
That seems odd because a volunteer is not an officer, but a volunteer. I agree that that will turn off potential volunteers.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Code Enforcement
Zoning Board
Planning Commission
Design Review Board
The above may be theonly ones required as there is also an asterisk to the right of the Board. I could be wrong but I think this was just a mistake in how this was laid out. When you download the form it has red asterisks next to the above 4.
I think I will volunteer and maybe I could do something positive for my community.