• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Vendors and developers own 3/5ths the county commission. If you don't like it then vote them out. However you will have to convince candidates to register as Republicans and pretend to care about NoWal.

In my opinion 3/5ths or more of the commission should be environmentalists, conservationists, and preservationists first. Otherwise the area will continue the downhill slide and end up like the rest of Florida. Ever been to Clearwater? YUCK
I agree, AT LEAST 3, preferrably 5 should be conservationists, preservationists, environmentalists. But until Walton County is developed to the max, the developer and vendor money will keep supporting whomever their willing puppets will be. I wonder if instead of the current districts map where only one district covers SoWal, would the county be better served if the five districts would be five vertical districts from Alabama line to the beach?

I don't know who "owns" who in Walton County, but I would definitely say there is one (proven) leader when it comes to getting ahead of a looming water quality issue in the Bay and that's Melanie Nipper. She fought and fought and did not give up at the 2/12/2019 BCC meeting to have "The Harper Report" recognized and incorporated in the plan to force Walton County to rectify the stormwater issues that it created and still exist. Please watch the most recent meeting's video. Start at the 7:45 mark. It's worth all of your time.

Board of County Commissioners on 2019-02-12 4:00 PM - Regular Meeting - Feb 12th, 2019