• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
So, the owners of Stinky’s Restaurant are selling two lots adjacent to the Restaurant to the County for a parking lot. The parking lot is to serve the Beach access across 30A. But we all know it will be a parking lot for the restaurant. Currently most of the business’s parking is in the County ROW along 30A. If that isn’t bad enough the owners of Stinky’s, and the future “beach parking lot” also want Woodward drive abandoned. This easement is the only way in and out of Serenity by the Sea Subdivision. The Owners of Stinky’s Restaurant own the land under the easement so the abandonment will give them more property to develop. The County, at tax payer expense, will then build a new road connecting Hilltop Dr. to Woodward on the northern portion of the lots they buy from the owners’ of Stinky’s Restaurant.

Let’s review.

County buys lots next to Stinky’s Restaurant from the owners of the restaurant. Puts in much needed parking for the restaurant. County abandon’s ROW so Stinky’s gains land. County builds new road on County property acquired from Stinky's Restaurant owner. Taxpayers build new road that inconveniences two residential neighborhoods.

Why did so few citizens know about this? Meeting held in Defuniak Springs with advertisement as parcels numbers only, no description of location, no posting on property.

This deal STINKS!

Sent from my iPhone

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So, the owners of Stinky’s Restaurant are selling two lots adjacent to the Restaurant to the County for a parking lot. The parking lot is to serve the Beach access across 30A. But we all know it will be a parking lot for the restaurant. Currently most of the business’s parking is in the County ROW along 30A. If that isn’t bad enough the owners of Stinky’s, and the future “beach parking lot” also want Woodward drive abandoned. This easement is the only way in and out of Serenity by the Sea Subdivision. The Owners of Stinky’s Restaurant own the land under the easement so the abandonment will give them more property to develop. The County, at tax payer expense, will then build a new road connecting Hilltop Dr. to Woodward on the northern portion of the lots they buy from the owners’ of Stinky’s Restaurant.

Let’s review.

County buys lots next to Stinky’s Restaurant from the owners of the restaurant. Puts in much needed parking for the restaurant. County abandon’s ROW so Stinky’s gains land. County builds new road on County property acquired from Stinky's Restaurant owner. Taxpayers build new road that inconveniences two residential neighborhoods.

Why did so few citizens know about this? Meeting held in Defuniak Springs with advertisement as parcels numbers only, no description of location, no posting on property.

This deal STINKS!

Sent from my iPhone

Did this deal go through, or is it still in discussion?

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
From watching the Tuesday meeting it appears that Jay Tusa will come back to the BCC with a contract. If you watch the video you will see how evasive Jay Tusa was with his presentation. The vote was 4 to 1

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Sorry to be the realist but business owns the BCC and therefore runs Walton County. Voters either wanted it that way or were duped. Or at least enough were.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Seems to me that during the busy season, Stinky's new lots will be full of beachgoers. I get it, it smacks of being dirty, but at least there will be some form of a "win"for beachgoers here and not a total slam dunk for the restaurant.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
From watching the Tuesday meeting it appears that Jay Tusa will come back to the BCC with a contract. If you watch the video you will see how evasive Jay Tusa was with his presentation. The vote was 4 to 1

I'm going to guess that Nipper was the lone heroic "NO"?

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I'm going to guess that Nipper was the lone heroic "NO"?

You are correct, Emerald Drifter. I'm told that this will likely come up at the May 14 meeting. Now is the time to ask your questions, email or call Jay Tusa or the Commissioners. The biggest issue is probably closing Woodward Drive, which is going to affect the Serenity By the Sea neighborhood by closing their direct straight in access as well as the Beach Highlands neighborhood on the north side of 30A by significantly increasing traffic on Hilltop and likely increasing traffic through their neighborhood streets that currently use 30A.

Walton County Parcel Maps

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
PUBLIC WORKSHOP – DUNE ALLEN PARKING PROPERTY

Please be notified that the Walton County Tourist Development Council will be holding a Public Workshop on the Dune Allen Parking Property onMonday, April 22, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. The workshop will be held in the South Walton Annex Board Room located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

The purpose of the workshop is to provide the opportunity of an open forum to discuss the proposed upcoming development of a parking lot located on Co. Hwy 30A W., between Hilltop and Woodward roads and discussion of redirecting Woodward Road traffic flow. This meeting is open to the public. For additional information, please contact Cindy Selph at 850-267-1216 or Cindy@visitsouthwalton.com.

Walton County adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable modifications for access to the meetings upon request. Please call (850) 892-8110 to make a request. For the hearing impaired, please call 1-800-955-8771 (TDD), 1-800-955-8770 (VOICE). Requests must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting to allow time to provide the requested services.

Please be governed accordingly.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I guess I'll find out when I get there, but is the workshop in the courtroom where BCC meetings are held, or the much smaller board room off to the side?