• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
We have some dangerous intersections and traffic backups. In particular between 331 and Mack Bayou there are several trouble spots.

Now that 395 at 30A is done, the backup through Seaside is even worse on the east side. My opinion is that Seaside needs one light, and only 2 crosswalks in town center at each end of seaside square at Pizza Bar and Pickles.

(WaterSound Pkwy at 98 is about to have one installed. No doubt St. Joe made a call and made it happen.)

Where do you think new signals are needed? Where would you say is priority?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
You are right, of course! Thanks. Is it missing a left turn signal or am I confusing intersections?
Must be a different intersection...left turns were added a few years ago.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
283 & 98 needs left turn lanes and dedicated left turn arrows. Or SOMETHING that will help the folks turning left onto 98 from 283 realize that they do not have the right-of-way because an awful lot of them think they do.

Also, Sugar Drive & Mussett Bayou Road needs a light. Badly.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
283 & 98 needs left turn lanes and dedicated left turn arrows. Or SOMETHING that will help the folks turning left onto 98 from 283 realize that they do not have the right-of-way because an awful lot of them think they do.

Also, Sugar Drive & Mussett Bayou Road needs a light. Badly.
They dont seem to realize they dont have the right of way into the right hand lane either. I run into that (fortnunately not them) every time I turn right onto 98 with a green light.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
They dont seem to realize they dont have the right of way into the right hand lane either. I run into that (fortnunately not them) every time I turn right onto 98 with a green light.

Yep. Granted, I don't make that turn too well after dark but I try to make sure nothing is coming first. What I don't want to do is not turn broadly enough and wind up travelling westbound in the eastbound lands. I've had experience being run into by one of those before!