• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Yes, you are right. Teresa said it correctly a long time ago. It's propaganda. It's gaslighting. Beginning with the bogus title of the thread and continuing with a barrage of misinformation, it is quite reminiscent of Nazi tactics used to dominate the media. No wait, I'm going to take that back. Definitely not Nazi. No way. Just bloviating and badgering.
Ah geeeeeze, again???

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
Yes, you are right. Teresa said it correctly a long time ago. It's propaganda. It's gaslighting. Beginning with the bogus title of the thread and continuing with a barrage of misinformation, it is quite reminiscent of Nazi tactics used to dominate the media. No wait, I'm going to take that back. Definitely not Nazi. No way. Just bloviating and badgering.
Wow. There is no way a reasonable discussion can be compared to the horror of "Nazi tactics." That comparison is demeaning to many who have family members who gave their lives or were brutalized by Nazis. You should remove that statement from this discussion. There is absolutely no reason for name calling in a reasoned, adult discussion. Period.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
TOO MUCH!!!

If this were a chess game, it would have been over a long time ago as chess doesn’t depend on bluff or “emotion” as does poker.

To me, this thread has been more about the way BFOs have been disrespected with such ill-will and misinformation by the “carnival barkers” mentioned in post #1 as well as others.

Still, to continue beating a dead horse (which is actually still kicking BTW), nobody here will acknowledge the most egregious thing a person can say about a group of people...that they acted like Nazis (“Jewish grandparents immigrated to this country because of oppression like this.”) Again this was comparing “oppression” to BFOs protecting their private property.

Until one of you guys on the CU side admit that this was a pretty lowly statement from Daniel Uhlfelder, all the “disagrees” and “dislikes” mean ZERO. Somebody needs to speak up against this, not just me. If not, it speaks volumes about our community and human nature.

So far, Dave Rauschkolb has chosen not to do so. Speaking of chess games, I wonder why?

If you are waiting for an apology, BlueMtnBeachVagrant, please don't hold your breath. Even hoping that people will stand up against whatever they see is harmful is not common anymore. Too many keyboard warriors that publicize the names and personal information and then take to social media to discredit them. Social media was such a wonderful tool until people started using it for shaming, bullying, spreading unverified information, etc. It still has some wonderful uses for keeping people connected, but it isn't very social anymore in a lot of circles.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
If you are waiting for an apology, BlueMtnBeachVagrant, please don't hold your breath. Even hoping that people will stand up against whatever they see is harmful is not common anymore. Too many keyboard warriors that publicize the names and personal information and then take to social media to discredit them. Social media was such a wonderful tool until people started using it for shaming, bullying, spreading unverified information, etc. It still has some wonderful uses for keeping people connected, but it isn't very social anymore in a lot of circles.

Yeah, I know. Taking a breath.

It’s just that if CU proponents can’t even admit to and condemn all this Nazi crap, well it’s just plain sad.

Pawn takes knight. Have to throw in a tiny bit of humor.

Added...BTW, the request for apology/condemnation is not just for me. It’s for the 6 million Jews who were murdered and their families. It’s also for everyone reading this who has a sense of decency regardless of CU position.

Last edited:

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn

Bogus? Propaganda? Gaslighting? Misinformation? Nazi tactics!? Dominate the media?

You obviously haven't seen that very real VIOLENT SNIPER MURDER VIDEO! With over 900 views now. And the only person brave enough to confront the video producer has been our Teresa, bless her heart.

It's really easy to sit at a keyboard and throw out some big vocabulary words. How about you give this forum a specific example of just ONE of those big vocab accusations. Prove your point, man. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Thanks for adding to my vocabulary! Unfortunately, since the word bloviating has an inherent negativity to it, I probably won't get many opportunities to use it. I try to treat people the way I would like to be treated. Demeaning and derogatory communications don't work very well for me. I still appreciate learning a new word though.
Bloviating was made famous by Bill O’Reilly, a well known right wing comment or known for his insulting attitude.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Answer my question. Instead of changing the subject.
Best thing to do is ignore Lake View. Just wants attention. Does not warrant a reply if all he's got is immature inconsequential banter. All talk, no substance. Wait LV2 won't address a single fact or will reply with his inane banter or a goofy photo.

Last edited by a moderator: