• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Great article in todays New York Times discussing the second home market and vacation homes in general. They mention Port St. Joe and my own second hometown of Sedona, AZ. www.nytimes.com click on the TRAVEL heading then click on Escapes. Story is headlined WATER WATER ANYWHERE. It paints an optimistic future. The New York Times is the greatest newspaper in the country, imho. I am a New Yorker by birth and I lived in the Hudson Valley my entire adult life, so please indulge me. ;-) Enjoy the article.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
goofer44 said:
It paints an optimistic future.

Agree. (There's not many places it doesn't mention.)

BTW: You're absolutely spot-on when it comes to Sedona--it IS beautiful!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
SHELLY said:
Agree. (There's not many places it doesn't mention.)

BTW: You're absolutely spot-on when it comes to Sedona--it IS beautiful!

SHELLY, you said something positive :clap_1: , although it wasn't about NW Florida :dunno: . Considering a move to Sedona? I hear there are no hurricanes in Arizona. :cool:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
I wish we did have hurricanes !! At this point I would settle for a light drizzle. It has been a very dry winter in Arizona. Phoenix did not have any rain for 140 days. Each area of America has its own issues, but I love Walton County. The arid desert for 6 months and the subtropics for 6 months. Who could ask for anything better.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
Nice article. Thanks for the link. As far as the New York Times goes, that is a great paper. It's really frustrating to read it though, especially on Sunday. There is so much information and so many well writtten stories it is impossible to get through much more than the first section. It always pains me to throw away all that unread news.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
goofer44 said:
I wish we did have hurricanes !! At this point I would settle for a light drizzle. It has been a very dry winter in Arizona.

Ditto in Florida...we've been dry as a bone so far this year. Big wildfire yesterday shut down the I-10 out west for a while.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
There was a favorable front page article in USA Today about the second home market. Nothing profound or insightful in the article, just a rehash of what the engines are that are driving the demand for second homes.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Seasider said:
I am a past subscriber. NYT is a rag. Entertainment value only.
You think?

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Seasider must have the ny times confused with the ny post which truly is a rag. the ny times is called the paper of record for a good reason, it is the finest newspaper in the country. if you read the times everyday, you would be not only well informed but also well educated. each day the times has a special section from the science times to the fabulous friday weekend and travel section. maybe seasider doesn't like the editorial page but the op eds are always interesting.