• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
I wonder why none of the owners of gulf shore manor owners , never received a letter since it showed they had a deeded private beach. Also how the county took possession of the beach. How did the county allow beach front owners Quite title? There was judges order for gulf shore manor in 1993. I will try to upload .

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
How did the county allow beach front owners Quite title?.

To me, this is THE QUESTION. Why is Walton County NOT contesting every single beach front related quiet title filing????? They don't stop the quiet title actions, then turn around and sue BFOs. I am obviously missing something because it seems that the county could have stopped the whole CU/HB631 mess by contesting the quiet titles?

Someone who knows please explain.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
In this instance, the five land trusts filed suit against Walton County asking the court for quiet title, among other things, so Walton County is definitely involved. The lawsuit was just filed on April 26 and I'm sure it takes at least a week or so to file a response.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
The law suit has nothing to do with titles , they just gave jasmine dunes ownership in the last 3 months. When the whole beach used to be gulf shore manor.since the judges ruling in 1993 was for the owners of gulf shore manor for perpetual use , which means for ever. There was a law suit by 30 something owners who sued a developer at the south end of San Juan.the owners then received money from the suit, which at that time the county took over Santa Clara and made county walkovers from all the dedicated walk overs.its a closed settlement . Case number92-0553 ca.since then the whole beach has been taken

dt

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2018
nashville
So does South San Juan access still belong to Gulf Shore Manor? Does the neighborhood still have an easement? It is my understanding that it does not matter who owns the beach property GSM still has an easement. Thoughts?

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
As far as I know they do.they own own access and deeded beach for perpetual use which means for ever. I think the old owners family want royalties from the county and maybe the homes built on upper dunes which was gulf shore manor deeded to landowners. I thank in my opinion they think just because no hoa it reverts back to them.will be interesting to see what the closed settlements where from the few that sued in 1993 and how the county took over ownership with no notification to any of the remaining lot owners

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Suffice it to say that the residents in the area are 'woke' about this. Nothing is going to happen to the detriment of the public's right to the beaches here without a host of lawyers getting involved.