• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Justin Gaffrey Gallery
LIFE STILL Opening Exhibit
Wednesday May 22 | 6-9pm
21 Blue Gulf Drive, Blue Mountain Beach

Justin invites you to “LIFE STILL,” an opening reception for his new collection of paintings on Wednesday, May 22 from 6 - 9pm. Please join us for complimentary drinks and appetizers. Beer will be provided by Props Craft Brewery.

A drawing will be held for a 16 x 20 Hand Painted Artist Edition of a new artwork. Tickets for the drawing are $20, and all proceeds will benefit Food For Thought Outreach Inc. Tickets can be purchased at the gallery from May 2nd to May 22. Winner will be announced at 8pm.

Those in attendance will have the unique opportunity to purchase new works from the collection and several different limited-edition, archival prints from the "LIFE STILL" collection.

ARTIST STATEMENT
This exhibition began as a study of traditional still life paintings, inspired by artists like Matisse and DaVinci. As I explored more in-depth into the work, simultaneously my observation of the world outside of the studio was feeling upside down. I also became bored with some of the traditional aspects of the inanimate still life. This evolved into “life-still” bringing to life the conventional still life into movement while painting some of the elements of the still life arrangement. As I search for the meaning of things happening in this world, I find life absurd. The only option is to let go of the search and fall into the absurd....in painting and life.

FB_IMG_1556837080530.jpg

Art Month South Walton May 2019
SoWal.com/Events

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Justin Gaffrey Gallery to Showcase Newest Collection “LIFE STILL”

SANTA ROSA BEACH, Fla. (May 14, 2019) – On Wednesday, May 22, the Justin Gaffrey Gallery invites the community to an opening reception for Gaffrey’s latest collection of paintings titled “LIFE STILL”.

This exhibition began as a study of traditional still life paintings, inspired by artists like Henri Matisse and Leonardo da Vinci. Gaffrey researched and studied various works in order to better understand the true meaning of still life and the thought process these great artists went through in order to produce such great works.

“As I explored the work more in-depth, simultaneously my observation of the world outside of the studio was feeling upside down,” Gaffrey said. “I also became bored with some of the traditional aspects of the inanimate still life.”

These feelings evolved into “LIFE STILL,” bringing the conventional still life into movement, while also painting some of the elements of the traditional still life arrangement.

From 6- 9 p.m., Guests of the gallery viewing will enjoy complimentary light bites, drinks, and beer provided by Props Craft Brewery. Those in attendance will also have the unique opportunity to purchase original works and several different limited-edition, archival prints from the "LIFE STILL" collection.

There will be a raffle drawing for a 16” x 20” hand-painted, artist edition of a new piece. Raffle tickets for the drawing are on sale now for $20, and all proceeds will benefit Food For Thought Outreach Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization based in Santa Rosa Beach that provides backpacks filled with healthy, easy to prepare food for students who are dependent on free or reduced school meals. Tickets can be purchased at the Justin Gaffrey Gallery located at 21 Blue Gulf Drive, from now until May 22.

“As I search for the meaning of things happening in this world, I find life absurd,” Gaffrey said. “The only option is to let go of the search and fall into the absurd – in painting and life.”

To learn more and RSVP for the event, visit LIFE STILL - Exhibition Opening by Justin Gaffrey.