• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
If you donated yours you could be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
I’m not that generous and neither are they (by example).

Plus I believe in the U.S. Constitution and the quiet enjoyment of private property that it guarantees, not Old English Law (customary use with its loosey goosey and arbitrary benchmarks, that several states do not observe ...must be a reason). So why should I give up my property for a “problem” that “you’ve” created?

Do you want to talk money?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Then you must have missed the "ignorant,emotional,mob,childish" parts of several posts here.
Don’t forget the names I’ve been affectionately called on SoWal. I don’t complain too much because it’s the new norm here and social media in general. But there definitely seems to be a double standard. I can say with CERTAINTY, that more personal name calling comes from the CU folks than from the BFO folks.

I’m proud to be an “ahole”. :moon:

But I really was deeply and personally offended by Daniel Uhlfelder for referring to BFOs acting like Nazis when he said his Jewish grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Europe “because of oppression like this.” Yes I know I continually repeat this. The sound of crickets can be such a motivator.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
As I read the last few posts
You obviously havent read this thread in its entirety........
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

I wondered how many posts disparaged property right advocates in this thread? I found all opinions without explaining why the poster felt that way; no respectful civil discourse of why.
Posts did not contribute to explaining why an outspoken majority support public use of private property - other than just because - ignoring the ancient English legal doctrine many criteria whose Constitutionally will be determined soon.
Or explain why or why not you agree with the thread - will the public discourse of private property rights and public customary use of private property damage South Walton brand and community? From property owners perspective; if so how do you prevent that given the Commissioners litigation against 4,600 property owners and social media misinformation not based on facts or the law? Seemed like more an emotional knee jerk response to a post someone disagreed with instead of a thoughtful researched response.
Here's the posts I found directed at property rights advocates on this thread alone. How would you "feel" if these were directed at you and how would/should you respond?

despicable distortion
badgering
condecending and derogitory
bullies
Bullies and stalkers
Your mother must be so proud!
reading this BS
you are a stable genius
Classic gaslighting
taunts and manipulation
It's propaganda. It's gaslighting.
Repeated disrespectful posting of Senator John McCain's grave site.
Violating SoWal Terms of Use 3.2 (a) Be courteous. ... will not post repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam."
Exactly what a NAZI would say.
Quiet title has been used ... in a nefarious way
demean
BULLSHIT
ridiculous ... ridiculous and silly.
so full of it. bombardment of total and complete BS
bash our community, throw out your weak conspiracies, and crap on this forum.
y’all can just keep pounding sand
greed and greedy
accusations and twisting of facts. It's ridiculous.
stalk ... conspiracy website.
trolls
distorted lie ... narcissism, anger management problems, and delusions of grandeur ... angry buffoon
sad babies. Wah! Waaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
desperate
ridiculous and insulting
old rich people ... Scrooge. beach booters
get a life ... non-stop propaganda ... ludicrous
propaganda ... propaganda ... propaganda ...
lie to people
shameful title ... dishonest ... dishonest and disrespectful ... propaganda
morally right ... arrogance ... bullshit ... insulting ... propaganda
gaslighting ... insulting ... arrogant, narcissistic property owners have lied
Are you a joke? proves you are an ahole.
arrogant, narcissistic property owners
arrogant, self-righteous, and egocentric.
Dumb argument.
morally wrong and anti-human
passive-aggressive, trolling, smarter-than-you attitude ... stir up trouble ... look forward to you getting banned ... right wingers ... troll ... beach hogs

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
As I read the last few posts
You obviously havent read this thread in its entirety........

I wondered how many posts disparaged property right advocates in this thread? I found all opinions without explaining why the poster felt that way; and did not contribute to explaining why an outspoken majority support public use of private property - other than just because - ignoring the ancient English legal doctrine many criteria.
Or explain why or why not you agree with the thread - will the public discourse of private property rights and public customary use of private property damage South Walton brand and community? From property owners perspective; if so how do you prevent that given the Commissioners litigation against 4,600 property owners and social media misinformation not based on facts or the law?
Here's the posts I found directed at property rights advocates on this thread alone. How would you "feel" if these were directed at you and how would/should you respond?

despicable distortion
badgering
condecending and derogitory
bullies
Bullies and stalkers
Your mother must be so proud!
reading this BS
you are a stable genius
Classic gaslighting
taunts and manipulation
It's propaganda. It's gaslighting.
Repeated disrespectful posting of Senator John McCain's grave site.
Violating SoWal Terms of Use 3.2 (a) Be courteous. ... will not post repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam."
Exactly what a NAZI would say.
Quiet title has been used ... in a nefarious way
demean
BULLSHIT
ridiculous ... ridiculous and silly.
so full of it. bombardment of total and complete BS
bash our community, throw out your weak conspiracies, and crap on this forum.
y’all can just keep pounding sand
greed and greedy
accusations and twisting of facts. It's ridiculous.
stalk ... conspiracy website.
trolls
distorted lie ... narcissism, anger management problems, and delusions of grandeur ... angry buffoon
sad babies. Wah! Waaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
desperate
ridiculous and insulting
old rich people ... Scrooge. beach booters
get a life ... non-stop propaganda ... ludicrous
propaganda ... propaganda ... propaganda ...
lie to people
shameful title ... dishonest ... dishonest and disrespectful ... propaganda
morally right ... arrogance ... bullshit ... insulting ... propaganda
gaslighting ... insulting ... arrogant, narcissistic property owners have lied
Are you a joke? proves you are an ahole.
arrogant, narcissistic property owners
arrogant, self-righteous, and egocentric.
Dumb argument.
morally wrong and anti-human
passive-aggressive, trolling, smarter-than-you attitude ... stir up trouble ... look forward to you getting banned ... right wingers ... troll ... beach hogs
That's quite a list. I am beginning to see that we have lost the "art of discourse". Facts and references aren't required to support opinions, and personal attacks seem to be the only manner some people can attempt to discuss anything these days. While I am passionate about issues, I will not attack someone just because they disagree. I am surprised and saddened at the "double standard" that exists- especially on social media, and apparently on this thread. So far no one has tried to explain "why this double standard exists." I am hoping we can change the tenor of the discourse about this issue and quit giving our community a bad reputation.

Pam Hicks

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2018
SRB
WHEN SARAH HUKABEE MOVES IN AND HER AND HER DAD GET GOING ALL YOU CUSTOMERRY ABUSERS WILL BE PUT IN JAILL WHERE YOU BELONG WITH ALL THE DIRTY MEXICANS IN 30A!!!! IF WE DONT ELECT TRUMP AGAIN WERE SCREWED THOUGH!!!!

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
WHEN SARAH HUKABEE MOVES IN AND HER AND HER DAD GET GOING ALL YOU CUSTOMERRY ABUSERS WILL BE PUT IN JAILL WHERE YOU BELONG WITH ALL THE DIRTY MEXICANS IN 30A!!!! IF WE DONT ELECT TRUMP AGAIN WERE SCREWED THOUGH!!!!
Pam this is not a thread on political figures or celebrities, please post elsewhere. Trump's America thread? It's demeaning and unnecessary but you are entitled to your opinion like everyone.

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn
Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Pam's comment is intolerable.

The fact that the moderator not only doesn't delete it but, but actually celebrates it, is quite telling. And disturbing.

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Don’t forget the names I’ve been affectionately called on SoWal. I don’t complain too much because it’s the new norm here and social media in general. But there definitely seems to be a double standard. I can say with CERTAINTY, that more personal name calling comes from the CU folks than from the BFO folks.

I’m proud to be an “ahole”. :moon:

But I really was deeply and personally offended by Daniel Uhlfelder for referring to BFOs acting like Nazis when he said his Jewish grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Europe “because of oppression like this.” Yes I know I continually repeat this. The sound of crickets can be such a motivator.

Instead of whining and being constantly offended when people in our community don't agree with your private beach stance why don't you go out and enjoy our beautiful piece of earth we all love.

Maybe treat yourself to some emotional beer support. Cheers.

FB_IMG_1559397696866.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Where are you as you post? Not on the beach I'd guess. At least we can view the beach from our air conditioned private beachfront property. Will add the previous post to the list.
What did post add to the thread discourse?

I am watching the wild and beautiful bayou filled with fish, gators, dolphins, herons... in the woods with peace and beauty all around. Summer isn't a time for the beach for long time locals who know when to go unless it's sunrise or sunset. Enjoy your ropes and chains and signs. Be sure to patrol your sand and call the Sheriff to children and families who have driven from all over the country to enjoy the beach for a few days for a break from work and busy lives. You should be very busy in June and July. Enjoy every minute of it.

There is a reason I don't live on the beach. Besides not having millions of dollars, I just don't prefer living in the middle of crowds of tourists. That much I know about myself. Have always known. Though there are a few remote beach spots I would enjoy living, they are not here in South Walton. This baby beach town is popular with much growth coming. The bay and state forest are a sanctuary where many locals have lived for many years. And only a few minutes away from the beach towns and beaches.

I'm so thankful that I don't have to see the signs and watch the behavior of these new BFO people... Where did they come from? They are not the face of the South Walton I know and love. If I had to see this with my own eyes every day, I would have to move bayside to the woods. Best place ever.

I enjoy my occasional staycations on Inlet Beach. I have never seen any BFO with signs or ropes or anything like that nearby during my getaway to the beach. Such a sight would truly be tragic. Many others are being subjected to walls on the beach every day and that is unfortunate.

This thread is a scam and not deserving of serious response by those who respect and care about our community.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachSandpiper

Beach Comber
May 3, 2019
South Walton
Wow. You prove my point. And it's kind of weird that a moderator from this page loves what you say. As a newbie, I guess I had the wrong idea about this forum and particularly this thread. Talk about giving our community a bad name..."dirty mexicans"???? Really?