• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Pounce! Links bad. Get over it. I was referencing anothor posters comment. Take a bath and calm down.
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
In-credible, as in not credible. Have you read KELO? What's the point of bring up KELO? Or just more knee-jerk reaction?
Link is fine if you know the correct JUSTIA link to use. Kelo v. New London, 545 U.S. 469 (2005)

Public reaction to the US SC decision was highly unfavorable. So if you took a survey of the US SC decision and it was unfavorable; would you think the poll should trump the law?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
First, your Kelo link is to the wrong court case. Second, did you read Kelo? Can you or anyone describe the ruling in the Kelo case? Did the Government not have to pay fair market value for the emanate domain taking? Is that your point? Can you or anyone describe how Kelo would apply to Walton private property beachfront? Who were the SC judges in the 5-4 Kelo decision and who are the US SC judges today?
Because you lost me and I suspect all 4,671 BFOs.

If you don't want to read the case and understand it; did you see the movie about Kelo? "Little Pink House"?
Here's same crib notes too. Kelo v. City of New London - Wikipedia
Public reaction to the US SC decision was highly unfavorable. So if you took a survey of the US SC decision and it was unfavorable; would you think the poll should trump the law?
Do you know what happened to the New London public development of the private properties after the US SC decision? They are still vacant. There was zero public use or benefit of the condemned private properties that were forcibly taken by the government.

If you believe the private dry sand is worthless because of the government’s police power regulation of private use of beach property; that was addressed in post #624.
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

Might want to read the Bert Harris Act too.

The first, and perhaps, the only rule in propaganda is: If you keep telling a lie over and over and over and over and over again, the populace will start to believe it is true. That’s what this thread is all about.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
The first, and perhaps, the only rule in propaganda is: If you keep telling a lie over and over and over and over and over again, the populace will start to believe it is true. That’s what this thread is all about.
Why are you repeating, repeating, what I already said in post #240 about FBFA and anti social media CU misinformation??
Are you agreeing with my #240 post about CU propaganda?
#240 post Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
"I guess if you repeat [CU] misinformation enough times, it becomes the illusion of truth to some [CUers]."
Illusory truth effect - Wikipedia
"The only way to dispel the [CU] illusion is to shine the light of truth (with facts) on it."
What public customary use of private property facts are you offering?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Why are you repeating, repeating, what I already said in post #240 about FBFA and anti social media CU misinformation??
Are you agreeing with my #240 post about CU propaganda?
#240 post Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
"I guess if you repeat [CU] misinformation enough times, it becomes the illusion of truth to some [CUers]."
Illusory truth effect - Wikipedia
"The only way to dispel the [CU] illusion is to shine the light of truth (with facts) on it."
What public customary use of private property facts are you offering?
Every time I read your slogan on this thread, I will give my opinion. Your slogan is a false claim that insults an entire community that stretches across the entire southeast and stretches across many, many generations. You can repeat it ad nauseum, and I can give my opinion, ad nauseum.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The premise of this thread was never about facts. It was about your false opinion of where the blame lies in this situation. Your strategy seems to be to prod and poke truly honest people into emotional responses that you can use on other websites, out of context. If you are trying to sway public opinion this is about the most blatant epic fail I have ever witnessed. You need to know when to shut up, but you don't.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Dear @FloridaBeachBum,
I am so sorry that you (we) have to out to put up with the likes of @Lake View Too and @L.C. Bane - all noise, no facts. All emotion, no facts. All mistruths, no facts. All denial of the relevance of facts and no facts. No facts, period.

I looked on my ID card: Guess what? I'm not Judge Green. Have you presented all your facts to him? Stop whining.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Not sure what the point of Kelo is to Walton private beachfront property rights, or the 1951 Keto (not Kelo) US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, linked in L.C. Bane's original post, #738 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

So back to more CU malarkey for the property rights advocates or anyone else who may be interested in the facts.

It's interesting to read back over old newspapers. Like newspapers, Sowal "Local Government" thread goes back to 9-22-2005 Local Government and Groups
How BOFs are "greedy" if they want to enjoy their Constitutional private property rights, that BFOs, not the public, pay property taxes on to the MHWL. It is interesting to see the history of public/private-beach beliefs, ignorance of private property laws and the Constitution then too, and predictions of impending economic doom, just like today 14 years later.

Seems the South Walton economic predictions of economic doom since 2005 based on opinions and beliefs, if you look at the growth and tourist tax revenue over the past 14 years, are NOT credible.
Beach destinations are public demand & in Walton 50% private supply. Inept Commissioners' unmanaged growth, TDC public expectations marketing, and antisocial media-lies are at the crux of the public customary use of private property discourse today. The property owner paid a premium for the title to the beach/supply and pays the local property taxes required to own the beach/supply, with all the property rights any other Walton County property owners has. The Commissioners' TDC have annually spent $20,000,000 and next year has budgeted $29,000,000 to bring more tourist/demand here with no plans to educate the public what is acceptable behavior and woefully ineffective beach code enforcement. A sheriff doing his best to avoid enforcing property rights. Kudos to the Deputies who have to endure staged for social media altercations by attorneys who should know better.

Since 2007 the Commissioners have tried to figure out how to change the legal title on the private beach supply. First by creating beach with a $173 Million tax payer paid 3.8 Million cubic yards of crappy not-white, shell-ridden, off-shore sand 50 year plan, and a legal perpetual government private property construction easement.

When BFOs exposed the Commissioners/TDC less than trasparent beach fortification plan and 94% of the (1,192 parcels) BFOs rejected the property easements; (2) then the politically elected Commissioners just unilaterally declared war on private property rights with an archaic English aristocratic common law on the private beach/supply without BFOs Constitutional due process. Required a super-majority of FL legislators (including local FL Rep Brad Drake) and Governor to step in and pass a private property legal due-process law (FS 163.035) to prevent any other FL county from doing what Walton Commissioners were stupid enough to legally try to do.

Commissioners' tried a legal strategy to force BFOs into being the Plaintiff, with the burden of proof to show BFOs Constitutional property rights was superior to an old English common law of custom. That's back-***wards. A super majority of FL legislators, and the Governor connected those dots and rectified that due-process ruse before the courts could have. Saving tax payers millions of dollar in legal fees.

Today CU believers, incited by Commissioners spending many millions of tax payers dollars to litigate an ancient English common law against 4,671 BFOs have a strategy to fan the flames of the masses on antisocial media - the only problem with that strategy - what if BFOs private property rights prevail in court!? Commissioners' will have 4,671 really really angry BFOs who will have had to endure this Commissioners' and antisocial media's CU legacy. CUnCourt