• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I hear what you are saying and I respect your opinion, I respect our Constitution, I respect our Founding Fathers and the sacrifices that were made. I am not a legal scholar by any stretch of the imagination but wasn't the Constitution a compromise of principles and followed by about 26 or 27 amendments? Why are you not willing to compromise your principle? Why are people like Dave and Teresa not willing to compromise their principle? I believe all of you are respectful people but it only takes one person to use a word like "cowardly" or worse and all hell breaks loose. The politics has made our skin very thin and our words very inflammatory. When we fight for pure principle we will lose our humanity. I see both sides going down the path of ruining our 30A legacy. Both sides need to figure out if your principle is worth the loss of our humanity...I know this because I am guilty of hanging on to principle too long...
We hear you but I respectfully disagree. There are some principles, many embodied in the American Constitution, that in the 1700s English subjects thought an American Revolution was worth fighting and dying for - not just go to a court over or compromise. Private property rights and due process of law are key principles of the US Founding Fathers and authors of the Constitution. Why should BFOs compromise Constitutional principles (rights) because Commissioners and social media Believe an old English legal doctrine of public customary use is superior to those Constitutional principles? "Can't we all get along" (by compromising Constitutional principles) won't change that. Just explaining why me and many BFOs believe in the Constitution. You don't have to like it, or not like it.
ou

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
@Bob Wells is very thoughtful and articulate. He is like most locals and Beach lovers. We desire to enjoy the beach as we always have and respect the environment and property rights.
You and your cohort on this forum are obvious in your contemp and self righteousness. Your constant axe grinding against a couple of outspoken Customary Use activists shows your true colors. It's obvious your feelings are hurt and you are lashing out but it just makes you look bad. And cowardly.
Dawn, "Cowardly"? "your contempt and self righteousness."? "axe grinding against a couple of outspoken Customary Use activists"? "feelings are hurt and you are lashing out"? " makes you look bad"?
Really? What happened to SoWal's rules, paraphrasing; Stick to the topic and don't attack the person?
I understand you and others don't like or agree with property rights positions and facts. Makes CU positions not look very credable. I understand you don't like the persons, given your posts, who have a different belief, because you're right and they are wrong. Sticks and Stones. Cast the first stone. Come to mind - again.

What have you added the the threads discourse??? Then dispute the facts with your own alternative facts. BFOs are "locals and Beach lovers". BFOs "desire to enjoy the beach as we [BFOs] always have and respect the environment and property rights [BFOs paid a premium on for the title to the MHWL and pay taxes on (not the public)."

I don't have an axe to grind against "a couple of out spoken CU activist". Just their positions against Constitutionally protected private property rights and how that will cost tax payers and BFOs many millions of dollars and get nothing but the BFO legal bills, inciting the masses on antisocial media to bully, shout-down, name call, ... anything but debate the positions with facts. Heck no one will even answer the simple Yes/No, True/False, Right/Wrong questions asked previously.
#530 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
#539 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
#697 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
#710 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

I have not called posters “Komrades”. Deispicable. "condecending and derogitory". Propaganda. "ridiculous ... ridiculous and silly." "full of it. bombardment of total and complete BS". "narcissism, anger management problems, and delusions of grandeur ... angry buffoon". "dishonest ... dishonest and disrespectful ... propaganda". "morally right ... arrogance ... bullshit ... insulting ... propaganda". There's more but I think you get the idea. Or called anyone cowards or questioned anyone's morals; “ ... is morally wrong and anti-human ...”. You have. Makes me wonder what you would or have posted on social media where there are no rules? Because how can everyone behind a closed FB page be wrong?
#493 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

SoWal Rules. SoWal forum rules & general info
"Everyone is welcome to post on our free and open forum as long as simple rules are followed." #431 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
"I am only concerned that you follow rules and treat people here with respect." "Please stick to attacking the topic and not the people." #635 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

SoWal forum rules & general info
"While debating and discussion is encouraged, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks..."
"Tell us what your purpose is, what you think, why you are posting, whether you are trying to spur an action, simply inform, or start a conversation, etc. Otherwise it is considered spam."
"Resorting to personal attacks or name calling will not be tolerated."
"No community is perfect and we want to be able to discuss real issues, but without being rude or disrespectful."
"Four Agreements", written by Don Miguel Ruiz, a Toltec Indian;
BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD
DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY.
DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.
ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST.

Terms Of Service
3.2 (a) Be courteous.
3.2 (b) Use respectful language.
3.2 (c) Debate, but don't attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
So, looks like your public relations campaign ain't doing so good. Maybe it's the title of this thread that is insulting a whole community of good people...

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Wow! I'm gone a few days and this thread continues to thrive! Lots of information here for those who are interested. At least they have the opportunity to research for themselves if they are open minded. If people just want info that agrees with their perspective, nothing anyone else says will matter anyway. For those of us who see both sides and are somewhat on the fence, I found it quite interesting and educational. I've researched quite a bit of the information on here to double check things and found FBB's (and some others as well) information quite credible. Thanks to those who provided reliable, unbiased sources to verify. Naturally opinions are like ********, everybody has one, so it seems I don't need to waste time on those. I must say, though that it is good to know the folks that aren't interested in facts, just their own opinions. No point in debating with them.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Definitely not insulting to thousands of beach front private poperty owners.
My point is this: clearly you started and contributed to this thread to change people’s hearts and minds (the hundreds of thousands). Do you really think you came at it the right way with your arrogance and false slogans?

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
@Bob Wells said to @FloridaBeachBum, “I have not laid out a legal precedent to inform anyone as you have, ad nauseam, and as I have said, I am more than willing to wait for the courts to rule.”

As much of a private property rights proponent as I’ve been here over a decade, I concede that @FloridaBeachBum is and has been a very prolific poster regarding private property rights. The vast majority of his posts are chocked full of supportive and substantiating facts that I believe must feel like kryptonite to CU advocates who have a closed mind.

And just because you’ve stated you’ll wait for the courts (over and over) to rule doesn’t give you a pass to factually challenge any of @FloridaBeachBum’s posts (or some of mine).

Even though you’d like to think you’re a step above some of the CU unfounded attacks and name calling in this thread, I don’t see you condemning any of it.

Oh yeah, developers, restauranteers, real estate organizations, etc., mostly don’t care about that things like that.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
My point is this: clearly you started and contributed to this thread to change people’s hearts and minds (the hundreds of thousands). Do you really thing you came at it the right way with your arrogance and false slogans?
Much much better with facts than with you calling me an ahole and arrogant. BTW, I didn’t start this thread.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Much much better with facts than with you calling me an ahole and arrogant. BTW, I didn’t start this thread.
You were the fourth poster with glowing reviews for Reggie. Basically, a founding father. I apologized for the ahole statement.