• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
My point is this: clearly you started and contributed to this thread to change people’s hearts and minds (the hundreds of thousands).
Can you refer to one post on the thread as the basis of your point, where anyone has stated any intention that was "clearly ... to change people’s hearts and minds"?
To the contrary the only intentions I, or anyone else that I recall, have stated was to present verifiable, factual property rights information or to dispute baseless CU myths -- so that other BFOs and those that may not yet have formed an opinion on CU or property rights would have facts and not fictions to consider.

If you can not refer to any posts on this thread of anyone's intent to "clearly ... to change people’s hearts and minds" other than your baseless opinion, your point is wrong or you are a mind reader. But you are entitled to your conspiracy theory opinions that again add nothing of substance to the discourse.

#47 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy This post was created for honest discussion and transparency
#73 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy only honest discussion for a change.
#89 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy I look forward to our constructive discussion.
#102 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy Nobody, certainly not I, am trying to change anyone’s mind. I am trying to present factual information that is very aggressively kept from the public everywhere else.
#164 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy If just one of those 4,671 owners learn sometime from a property owner with real property skin in the game, that'd be great.
#734 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy I do the work to educate myself of the facts,... and share with those who support the Constitution and want to understand the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
With all due respect:
Reggie created perhaps the most profitable thread SoWal has seen in recent history, as far as 30,000 plus views and 800 comments. Surely a boost for ad revenues and market penetration? His unique way of asking questions sparked great, sometimes heated, dialogue that is quite relevant and compelling.
Admins say he was "temporarily" banned. But the creator of this epic thread is still being censored from participation, when others are breaking many more rules than Reggie ever did. He hit a nerve, a personal one, we get it. Bad decision. But telling us that he was temporarily banned, and then keeping him silenced, while allowing worse breeches, do not align. WWRD

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Asked and answered in this thread. If you have a problem send a DM.
BeachSandpiper question was not addressed to EZ4144 but to Admin. Are you the forum enforcer now?
Can the SoWal Staff speak or not speak for themselves? I'm guessing there will be no reply as is the Staff's choice.
Question was Is Reggie STILL banned? Not your decision unless you are SoWal Staff. EZ4144 do you know the answer to that question for a fact? I'm guessing NOT.
If the ban was for bad manners - there have been many from CU advocates that have been listed previously.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
With all due respect:
Reggie created perhaps the most profitable thread SoWal has seen in recent history, as far as 30,000 plus views and 800 comments. Surely a boost for ad revenues and market penetration? His unique way of asking questions sparked great, sometimes heated, dialogue that is quite relevant and compelling.
Admins say he was "temporarily" banned. But the creator of this epic thread is still being censored from participation, when others are breaking many more rules than Reggie ever did. He hit a nerve, a personal one, we get it. Bad decision. But telling us that he was temporarily banned, and then keeping him silenced, while allowing worse breeches, do not align. WWRD

Epic? I don't think so. The metrics show 8 to 10 Private Property rights advocates posting and talking mainly to themselves and 11 or 12 CU advocates commenting as well. Most of the comments are from the 8 or 10 PPR advocates. It's the truth. That's why I used the term "echo chamber." But, it's good for you folks to have a place to voice your beliefs. But 25 people, I would not call "epic" if its pretty much the same folks.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Epic? I don't think so. The metrics show 8 to 10 Private Property rights advocates posting and talking mainly to themselves and 11 or 12 CU advocates commenting as well. Most of the comments are from the 8 or 10 PPR advocates. It's the truth. That's why I used the term "echo chamber." But, it's good for you folks to have a place to voice your beliefs. But 25 people, I would not call "epic" if its pretty much the same folks.
SoWal Topics
"Is it really behavior that caused the CU vs Private beach issue?" 8 Replies and 848 views even with the antisocial media promotion.
"Governor, please Veto House Bill five." 0 Replies and 216 views.

As a SoWal topic to those BFOs and many others interested in understanding the property right facts from the CU fictions. The refusal to address any CU questions of interest, except for BFOs to go pound sand, and all the other derogatory BFO name calling?
"Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy", 795 Replies including you and 30,526 views and counting! Relatively speaking - seems EPIC.

Simple Yes or No; do you think I'd be allowed to post on the "Walton County Ideas for Visioning and Quality of Life" Facebook? Won't hold my breath.

What other in-credible contributions do you have to add to the public customary use of private property discourse?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
This forum was never about profit or views. It is about people who love our community and love the beach. WE built it and WE regulate it and jerks are not welcome here. It has helped millions of people answered thousands of questions. That the community appreciates this forum and sees value is great. To bring up profit is very revealing about this thread and jerk posters' motives. Shame on you!

Kudos to true SoWal supporters and GOOD citizens who share love and the beach. Let us not forget that most beachfront owners are Beach lovers and are happy to share. The few vocal jerks on here do not represent our community or our values. You are making us look bad and you should go away.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Epic post Dave!

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I have a strong feeling the Whiners on this thread have been banned from other internet sites. I think this thread should be locked or deleted.