• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Hate to break it to you but I doubt anyone cares what you think about running things. You break rules you pay the price. On a free site BTW.
How is a thread profitable?
The BFO “lobby” brings up money all the time. It’s just another obnoxious stereotype that they fit into.

Last edited:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Epic? I don't think so. The metrics show 8 to 10 Private Property rights advocates posting and talking mainly to themselves and 11 or 12 CU advocates commenting as well. Most of the comments are from the 8 or 10 PPR advocates. It's the truth. That's why I used the term "echo chamber." But, it's good for you folks to have a place to voice your beliefs. But 25 people, I would not call "epic" if its pretty much the same folks.

You, BeachSandpiper, have made 20 posts, new member only on this thread, Reggie, 52, Florida Beach Bum wins the prize with well over 100 (140) all by him/herself. Virtually all of his/her posts are related to this issue as a new, Feb 19, 2018 member. I think MMB Vagrant, a SoWal veteran, is a semi close second at 107. Auburn Fan 41, He/she has only made one other post on a different thread. This one thread seems to be holding his/her interest the most as a new member. I'm at 31 if I counted right. Fishing Fool, 13 posts, new member, only posting on this thread.
Dang, I go to work and an Epic thread broke out. How does Dave Rauschkolb with the FBFA legal responsibilities, constant social media posts, Netflix binge watching, count 820(?) SoWal posts, and have time to run a Seaside multi-million dollar beach-view business at the peak of the summer season?

SO WHAT!? More nonsense and distractions about SoWal “metrics”? Is Rauschkolb’s point there are ONLY 8 to 10 (which is it 8 or 10?) or a "handful" of BFOs taking the time to shine the light of facts and reason on the CU myths? That none of the other 4,671 BFOs care? Already addressed but maybe you did not read the post. #651 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

I have the most posts because there is soooo much CU misinformation to cover. And you can't explain the facts and why CU sound bites are wrong - in a sound bite.

I’m a long time SoWal reader. Member since Feb 9, 2017, not 2018. Interesting reading back over old posts.
Customary Use Ordinance Committee Organizational Meeting 1/16/17
Support Customary Use - Your Input Needed
Mike Huckabee’s [non]role in pushing controversial beach access law
Quit claim of beach front land
July Bed Tax numbers 2018 prediction of Walton economic catastrophe
Reasons Behind Customary Use - Protection or Development?
Open question for beach front homeowners, their lawyers and their politician friends
Supporting Property Rights

You never answer the previous question or any easy right/wrong question; Do you think property right posts in Walton County Ideas for Visioning and Quality of Life FB would (1) be allowed and accepted as a credible view even with facts or (2) deleted or (3) be shouted-down with vitriol and no alternative facts?
If you have nothing credible to add - saying nothing is a good tactic.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Have you read this whole thread from the beginning? The first twenty posts or so set the tone of this discourse .... They started out bullying people and blaming good people for continuing what they have done for hundreds of years. That’s insulting.
LV2 disagree with your premise, I won't say it's wrong because it's your opinion, that "first 20 posts or so set the tone of the discourse." Assume you mean a "tone" to pick a fight or to insult CU belivers. Anyone can read the first 20 post in the thread.
#1 When you see a PCB or Destin bumper sticker, what thought immediately comes to mind? Probably same for all of us with any time spent here - nice, but it ain’t 30A! Do you remember why you started renting/visiting here? What was it? Remember when you bought your first 30A property? Why here? .... Nostalgic? Me too.

#20 “This is the most ridiculous comment. No one ever spoke of our beaches being private until a few years ago when this nonsense started.”

Lets say you have a credible point that property rights advocates came looking for a fight, what did you do to change "the tone"? You are responsible for your own words and your "worst reflexes". No one else. #698 Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Calling yourself a property rights activist sets a false tone. The title of this thread sets a negative and false tone. Invading this forum aggressively en masse sets a bad tone.

Right or wrong you're a bad neighbor and bad for our community.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Calling yourself a property rights activist sets a false tone. The title of this thread sets a negative and false tone. Invading this forum aggressively en masse sets a bad tone.
Right or wrong you're a bad neighbor and bad for our community.
Property rights advocates is what I've called myself and BFOs before - not activists < that's your word. You have an opinion about the "tone" and BFOs have an different opinion - so we are even on opinions. Is your opinion superior to any other opinion? If so why?
"Invading this forum aggressively en mass" Really? Invading? En mass? According to Rauschkolb there's only 8 BFOs . If credible facts are considered "aggressive" - so be it.

What am I up to? 144?

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Property rights advocates is what I've called myself and BFOs before - not activists < that's your word. You have an opinion about the "tone" and BFOs have an different opinion - so we are even on opinions. Is your opinion superior to any other opinion? If so why?
"Invading this forum aggressively en mass" Really? Invading? En mass? According to Rauschkolb there's only 8 BFOs . If credible facts are considered "aggressive" - so be it.

What am I up to? 144?
With each one you dig your hole deeper.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake

What am I up to? 144?
Since we are getting nostalgic and going back through early posts, you started out in post #10 calling everybody that disagreed with you “ignorant”. Remember? And since I had not posted yet, I doubt I can be accused of setting the tone. Facts are a b**ch.