• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Monday July 1, Main gathering at Ed Walline County Beach Access; or any Walton County owned public beach. Stand in the wet sand with your backs to the water and join hands for 10 minutes at 12:00 pm to celebrate the shared history of our beaches in Walton County; Customary Use. Be respectful, have fun. A peaceful gathering of friends, family, kids

.65175754_1572032586260604_900596346380091392_n.jpg

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
I disagree. It is too late for Commissioners to strike any deal with BFOs. The Commissioners CU MHW-Line in the sand has been drawn. Significant BFO CU legal fees have accumulated already. Me and many BFOs are angry about the antisocial media shaming, the Commissioners' war on property rights, and any deal - I do not trust them as far as I can throw them. The only "deal" for me and many BFOs is to respect private property rights BFOs have had since 1776 and have today and enforce the laws to the legal property boundaries. "It really is that simple." The public has 825 miles of Florida foreshore to share forever. Any public dry sand "easement", much less 10 or 20 feet from the water, is not a compromise for not litigation public CU of private property and a non-starter for many BFOs.

"I agree about one thing the Commissioners have politically boxed themselves into a corner, antisocial media have repeated over and over (intentionally?) false property rights and CU misinformation, the time to "compromise" is past, and the best solution at this time is for a court to determine if Walton BFO's private property rights are superior to an anarchic English common law public customary use of American private property or not; based on the evidence and law. Which does not include CU or no-CU effect on the local economy." #888 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

Sorry you have so much anger that you have abandoned the ability to see a way to a win-win.

Sowal Al started a great thread where I HOPE people will offer their idea of SOLUTIONS, at least on this thread.

I hold to the belief that SoWal can be a harmonious place again. I mean, what is the approximate number of summers any of us have left on Earth and do you want to spend them stressed out about all this?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Dear @Emerald Drifter,

I now have very little hope for real any SOLUTIONS to the CU issue outside of court. Suggestions were made on the previous locked thread with little to no acknowledgement or feedback by CU folks. And NO COMPROMISE is the mantra of CU “leaders”. And besides all the name calling (a plethora of names BTW) by CU proponents, well some things never change. And here’s more of why I see it this way:

If something iscriminal”, then it must be because someone has done something that is “criminal” thus making them a “criminal”.

So a couple of days ago, Dave Rauschkolb posted on Walton County Visioning Facebook page,

“It’s just a travesty that people can’t go to the beach whatever they want. It’s criminal really.”

With his obvious disdain for private property rights advocates, he, in essence, has labeled them as criminals. Yet another name (name calling) has been added to the list. Please show me where I’ve misinterpreted his statement.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Sorry you have so much anger that you have abandoned the ability to see a way to a win-win.
I mean, what is the approximate number of summers any of us have left on Earth and do you want to spend them stressed out about all this?
Drifter, if I came up to you and kicked you between the legs and then sued you; do you deny you would be angry at me? Or would you “abandon the ability to see a win-win?" why I kicked you between the legs?
Thank you for your "sincere concern" but no need to worry on my account. But I’m perfectly content and at peace viewing the beach and ocean, sipping a cold drink, from our air-conditioned beachfront private property our family has owned for many decades while reading and posting on SoWal as you do too.

Already answered bob bob concern for me to relax previously.
“Enjoying and relaxing on our own quiet private beachfront our family has used and chosen to share with many for many decades. But if property rights prevail in court - I'll reconsider. You can thank the Walton Commissioners and anti-social media for that.”
#466 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

And Lakeview Too concern. “I commune with and enjoy the beach and the sea every time I'm on our beachfront, that our family has owned for many decades, before Seaside, and try to forget about Commissioner's inept governance, disrespectful public beach behavior, and anit-social media lies and shaming just because someone is a beachfront owner who believes in private property rights. Oh well back to nature. Just saw a pod of dolphins swim by as did the people walking the public foreshore.”
#631 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

Drifter, if your, FBFA, or Commissioners’ win-win is for BFOs to cede 10-20 feet of their fee-simple private property to the public; you have an uninformed unrealistic CU biased sense of the definition win-win. Solution is to respect existing private property rights Walton BFOs have always had and have today and start from there. "It really is that simple."

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Monday July 1, Main gathering at Ed Walline County Beach Access; or any Walton County owned public beach. Be respectful, have fun.
Please do not Stand Your Sand like the Florida Beaches for All attorney has done on multiple occasions and posted on CU social media. Be respectful.
2018 2nd Staged FB Ulhfelder Vizcaya.jpg bill-nelson-in-walton-county Vizcaya.jpg
Uhlfelder Stand Sand Saeside.jpeg
Signs are a First amendment right of speech of EVERY Walton private property owner has as ruled by federal court.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Dear @Emerald Drifter,

I now have very little hope for real any SOLUTIONS to the CU issue outside of court. Suggestions were made on the previous locked thread with little to no acknowledgement or feedback by CU folks. And NO COMPROMISE is the mantra of CU “leaders”. And besides all the name calling (a plethora of names BTW) by CU proponents, well some things never change. And here’s more of why I see it this way:

If something iscriminal”, then it must be because someone has done something that is “criminal” thus making them a “criminal”.

So a couple of days ago, Dave Rauschkolb posted on Walton County Visioning Facebook page,

“It’s just a travesty that people can’t go to the beach whatever they want. It’s criminal really.”

With his obvious disdain for private property rights advocates, he, in essence, has labeled them as criminals. Yet another name (name calling) has been added to the list. Please show me where I’ve misinterpreted his statement.

I see your point being, indirectly, being named a criminal.

I left the "Visioning and Quality of Life" page several weeks ago, and frankly, I don't miss it. It has turned into a complaint and whining forum. Despite all of the turmoil and increased problems that come with more people, this place is still amazing. There are a LOT of folks in the hinterlands :) that would wonder why anyone would have a bad day living in SoWal. :)

As for private property rights, it is THE cornerstone of personal liberty in our country and I was glad to see SCOTUS open up that path to defense of personal property. But getting back to Sowal Al's spirit in the OP; we must find those who will seek a win win. It's still not too late.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I see your point being, indirectly, being named a criminal.

I left the "Visioning and Quality of Life" page several weeks ago, and frankly, I don't miss it. It has turned into a complaint and whining forum. Despite all of the turmoil and increased problems that come with more people, this place is still amazing. There are a LOT of folks in the hinterlands :) that would wonder why anyone would have a bad day living in SoWal. :)

As for private property rights, it is THE cornerstone of personal liberty in our country and I was glad to see SCOTUS open up that path to defense of personal property. But getting back to Sowal Al's spirit in the OP; we must find those who will seek a win win. It's still not too late.
There are others who are no longer on that page that follow Walton County for All page and/or Walton County WAVE group. You might want to check those out.