• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JRP

Beach Crab
Jul 7, 2019
Fort Worth
Hello! I am visiting Grayton Beach with my kids next week. My 14yo daughter is bringing a friend (also 14). The girls would like to be able to ride their bikes around town and on the bike path to visit some of the other towns. Is this safe? Do people let their young teens bike around by themselves?

The girls are smart and respectful. I’m not concerned about their behavior. They just want to check out the shops without having my younger kids (& me) along.

I appreciate any comments or guidance on whether this is a good idea. This teen parenting is a new world for me! Thank you!

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
Yes. Safe. There are many teenagers riding bikes on the path. Although I strongly suggest bike headlights at night!!!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Hello! I am visiting Grayton Beach with my kids next week. My 14yo daughter is bringing a friend (also 14). The girls would like to be able to ride their bikes around town and on the bike path to visit some of the other towns. Is this safe? Do people let their young teens bike around by themselves?

The girls are smart and respectful. I’m not concerned about their behavior. They just want to check out the shops without having my younger kids (& me) along.

I appreciate any comments or guidance on whether this is a good idea. This teen parenting is a new world for me! Thank you!
Yes, it's safe. They should be careful of traffic, though. And bicycle lights at night are a very good idea. Hope you have a great time in Grayton!