• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
Does anyone know the status of the children involved in the golf cart accident (tip-over) that occurred in Seagrove about two hours ago? We witnessed the accident and can’t get it out of our minds. Praying those children were not badly hurt.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I've noticed that accidents like this seem to get little to no media attention. You might see something on social media but if not hard to know what happened.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
Did fire or EMS personnel respond to the accident? If so will be glad to check with them to try to find out what happened.
Yes. We called 911 immediately and as we were talking to the 911 operator she said others on the scene were calling and responders were being dispatched. Shortly after we saw a couple of ambulances-fire dept EMT vehicles headed that way. We would appreciate any info you might obtain about the well-being of the children. Private message if you wish.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
Publicizing any mishap on 30A involving a golf cart would be bad for business. It's time for county officials to take a firm stance on these public nuisances. Enforcing the laws would be a good start.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Publicizing any mishap on 30A involving a golf cart would be bad for business. It's time for county officials to take a firm stance on these public nuisances. Enforcing the laws would be a good start.
The Golf Cart situation on 30A is ridiculous. Why more tragic accidents aren’t taking place is a miracle… multiple people are being loaded onto these carts and being driven recklessly during the day and at night. There is NO ENFORCEMENT WHATSOEVER. If I drove my car the way some of these people drive these golf carts I’d be ticketed or arrested for a DUI… Underage kids are out joy riding or are driving them because “the adults” are hammered..nobody’s buckled in and little kids are hanging over the sides. These people don’t realize what happens when skin hits the pavement going 10 or 15 mph..it’s going to take a real tragedy for anything to change as usual along 30A.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
The Golf Cart situation on 30A is ridiculous. Why more tragic accidents aren’t taking place is a miracle… multiple people are being loaded onto these carts and being driven recklessly during the day and at night. There is NO ENFORCEMENT WHATSOEVER. If I drove my car the way some of these people drive these golf carts I’d be ticketed or arrested for a DUI… Underage kids are out joy riding or are driving them because “the adults” are hammered..nobody’s buckled in and little kids are hanging over the sides. These people don’t realize what happens when skin hits the pavement going 10 or 15 mph..it’s going to take a real tragedy for anything to change as usual along 30A.

I can't agree that there is zero enforcement as I witnessed a deputy stop a speeding cart on the bike path near Williams Street last month. That said, I have seen many more deputies turn a blind eye to the things cruising on the bike path (not being driven recklessly). IMHO the real blame lies with the apparent unwillingness of the BCC to limit the number of purveyors renting these things (along with the beach chairs, bonfires, monster houses etc, etc).

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Did fire or EMS personnel respond to the accident? If so will be glad to check with them to try to find out what happened.
I'm not sure if it was the same incident or another one, but same day I guess about 1-2 PM I heard sirens coming from 395 turning east on 30A in Seagrove stopping near what I would have guessed was Bramble Grove area. So many sirens I would think it would be like what it would sound like if a sniper was on top of One Seagrove Place shooting at people.:dunno: