• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
There are signs clearly posted on the bike path that golf carts are not allowed. People will continue to break the rules if there are no consequences.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
I'm not sure if it was the same incident or another one, but same day I guess about 1-2 PM I heard sirens coming from 395 turning east on 30A in Seagrove stopping near what I would have guessed was Bramble Grove area. So many sirens I would think it would be like what it would sound like if a sniper was on top of One Seagrove Place shooting at people.:dunno:
I'm guessing it would have been about 10:30 a.m. based on the original post. No snipers, I hope! Someone with the fire district offered to check for me, awaiting info.

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
The Golf Cart situation on 30A is ridiculous. Why more tragic accidents aren’t taking place is a miracle… multiple people are being loaded onto these carts and being driven recklessly during the day and at night. There is NO ENFORCEMENT WHATSOEVER. If I drove my car the way some of these people drive these golf carts I’d be ticketed or arrested for a DUI… Underage kids are out joy riding or are driving them because “the adults” are hammered..nobody’s buckled in and little kids are hanging over the sides. These people don’t realize what happens when skin hits the pavement going 10 or 15 mph..it’s going to take a real tragedy for anything to change as usual along 30A.
Beach like a local. Ride a bike!!!

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Info from the fire district very limited, three minors in a golf cart-type vehicle that tipped over between 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. on July 7 in Seagrove. The minors were transported to the hospital, it did not appear that there were any life-threatening injuries. No word on whether there was an adult in the vehicle or not or who was driving. That was all the info that could be released. Hope this helps.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Info from the fire district very limited, three minors in a golf cart-type vehicle that tipped over between 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. on July 7 in Seagrove. The minors were transported to the hospital, it did not appear that there were any life-threatening injuries. No word on whether there was an adult in the vehicle or not or who was driving. That was all the info that could be released. Hope this helps.

I hope that Ed Walborsky has been retained to sue the existence out of the rental company for peddling such an unsafe product.:rotfl:

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Got some more info from FHP, there were six people in the golf cart, a rental that had three rows of seats. There was one adult and the rest were 14 and under. The driver was 14, which turns out is the legal age to drive a golf cart in Florida. She tried to turn off 30A onto a private driveway and was apparently going too fast to do so, which caused the golf cart to tip over. The driver and passengers were wearing lap seat belts which kept them from being thrown out of the vehicle.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Got some more info from FHP, there were six people in the golf cart, a rental that had three rows of seats. There was one adult and the rest were 14 and under. The driver was 14, which turns out is the legal age to drive a golf cart in Florida. She tried to turn off 30A onto a private driveway and was apparently going too fast to do so, which caused the golf cart to tip over. The driver and passengers were wearing lap seat belts which kept them from being thrown out of the vehicle.
Thank you for the info. So we put lights on golf carts to make them "Street legal" yet no license required and 14 OK.... Makes no sense.