• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

South Walton Community Council

Community Organization
Jan 17, 2007
www.southwaltoncc.org
On tomorrow's agenda for Walton BCC meeting:

19-0406 -Pdf
Update and request direction on property appraisals for 240 Pompano St (parcel number: 36-3S-18-16100-000-1381)

Microsoft Word   20190709 BCC Agenda.docx   20190709 BCC Agenda Annotated.png

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Noticed 2 Lots for sale at Pompano and S Wall street within easy walking distance to the beach access.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Noticed 2 Lots for sale at Pompano and S Wall street within easy walking distance to the beach access.
I wonder if the thinking is to just add more parking to the existing site at some point. I hope not - that park is one of the county's best, and has preserved some amazing habitat.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
The parking is not at the access site, just up the street, but while I was there people were walking to the access. We can't continue to complain about parking/ overcrowding issues then say NIMBY. If the access is a county maintained access then provide parking. Just my opinion.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The parking is not at the access site, just up the street, but while I was there people were walking to the access. We can't continue to complain about parking/ overcrowding issues then say NIMBY. If the access is a county maintained access then provide parking. Just my opinion.
I think you misunderstood my post.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I think you misunderstood my post.
Maybe, are we talking about 2 different places? The one I was talking about currently has no parking and no room to upgrade it short of buying property to do so. Just so everyone is aware, I do not own the property referenced or have a financial interest in it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Maybe, are we talking about 2 different places? The one I was talking about currently has no parking and no room to upgrade it short of buying property to do so. Just so everyone is aware, I do not own the property referenced or have a financial interest in it.
The main Inlet Beach Access Park with parking and restrooms. The lots in the original post were to supplement.