• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Folks of Walton County...

Read the last two posts. You'll quickly see why we have this hate and division in our community. People hungry for power and money in your community are attempting to build on your emotional attachment to our beaches. They replace the words "Private Property" with words that imply "Community Beaches".
It's just not true, according to the law.

The county commissioners got caught illegally attempting to Take property from private owners because they failed to do their jobs and provide enough beach capacity to keep up with their mass real estate developments they so quickly approved. Yet when 84% of the Fla Legislature, 84%!, passed a law to stop this sophomoric illegal behavior by a rogue BCC, that 84% super majority is described as a handful?

Once the illegal attempt at a county ordinance Taking Private Property was stopped by the state lawmakers, the state and federal laws were correctly the rule of the Walton land. For the BCC to risk possibly millions of dollars of taxpayer money by suing nearly 5,000 of it's citizens, to cover up their failure to lead, and to again throw a Hail Mary pass of CU should be VERY SURPRISING to you, it's YOUR money being spent on a lost cause!!!! Knowing that a broad CU stroke has never been successful in America, because it flies in the face of federal and state constitutional law, it is a ridiculous and frivolous reaction to a management problem. The beaches in question have never been public.

Be careful to not get caught up in a false narrative of community power brokers. Follow the money. It's not in the hands of BPO's. It's running through business owners, developers, and most certainly through the county offices through approved further development. Also, maybe by those attempting to gain political power through this battle? To think that BPO's started this, escalated it, or are driving it, is false.
It' just not true, according to the law.

Let's stop the madness. Drop the lawsuit. Fix the beach vendor problem. Buy more public beach. Stop video ambushing and publicly shaming BPO's. Take a breath. We can get back to all enjoying our beaches as we always have. Continue this hate?

Regardless of who wins,
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
I don't see hate or division. I see you attacking members of this forum who have stated their position, which happens to be opposed to yours. You are inciting. DO NOT FEED TROLLS PEOPLE!!!

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Dawn,
Since you brought it up...
Logical facts and law that are not in one's favor do not equal hate.

Hate is evidenced by direct attacks with specific intended harm and pain. I'd be happy to share with you hundreds upon hundreds of screenshots full of direct hateful attacks against individuals and BPO's as a group, complete with threats, personal information including places of employment, children's names, addresses, and membership organizations. These screenshots will include physical threats. They are all public and published for all to see. They are all coming from very vocal and documented CU supporters.

I would challenge you to find even one from a BPO.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Dawn,

Hate is evidenced by direct attacks with specific intended harm and pain. I'd be happy to share with you hundreds upon hundreds of screenshots full of direct hateful attacks against individuals and BPO's as a group, complete with threats, personal information including places of employment, children's names, addresses, and membership organizations. These screenshots will include physical threats. They are all public and published for all to see. They are all coming from very vocal and documented CU supporters.

Get real SIR! You just called out two members of this forum for hate. Have you no shame?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Get real SIR! You just called out two members of this forum for hate. Have you no shame?
Dawn,

Oh, yes, the two or three individuals who have screens-shotted and blogged what they say is “evidence” of harassment and threats from CU supporters....we’ve all heard this before, this false narrative has been painted over and over again. To try to imply that somehow the more vocal leaders of Customary have individual control over others in social media or are inciting attacks as you have characterized them is completely ridiculous and untrue to the core. No vocal leaders that I know of who are Customary Use supporters have made or attacked or threatened anyone. I have seen individuals reacting to certain Social media posts with emotion and used bad language and made threatening remarks on both sides but to try to characterize the fantasy that they’re all under some sort of Svengali control is utterly ridiculous on ether side. And, regarding all this screenshot-ing that the handful of beachfront owners have done...talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Reggie, it’s becoming clearer and clearer who you might be...more crumbs than a New York deli.

Last edited:

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Walton County is litigating because a handful of powerful lawyers, politicians and beachfront owners devised and then encouraged the Florida Legislature to pass, in record time, HOUSE BILL 631

Walton County is in Court because the old BCC tried to TAKE constitutional property rights from legally deeded private property owners OUTSIDE of the judicial system. Taking property rights outside of a judicial ruling would be in court with or without HB 631. The court process would be more complicated and cost more without HB 631, but the reason it is in court is solely because the BCC attempted for the first time in Walton County History to TAKE property rights way from a targeted group of citizens.

Interesting that the targeted group of citizens have been vilified on social media (facebook and twitter) by one of the Plaintiff Attorney groups in this lawsuit. This is also a first for Walton County (possibly the State of Florida).

The vote by the old BCC to sue private property owners was under the guidelines that it was ANCIENT, REASONABLE, WITHOUT INTERUPTION, AND FREE FROM DISPUTE in a rush after the BCC election but before the new BCC took office and the BCC was told by the activists "not more than a dozen BPO's will object". The activists have certainly established this is anything but free from dispute...

And you are correct, CU was made a platform issue and Bill F. was thrown under the bus because he would not say "Sue the BPO's not matter what it costs the tax payers of Walton County" and publicly declare "No Compromise" or risk defeat. So yes the "CU Ultimatum with No Compromise" was a rally cry and the man who has done more for Walton County lost. Sad day for Walton County.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Sounds familiar. One or 2 beachfront people spending all their days stirring up trouble. Banned from Facebook and now spewing here.

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
Dawn,

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
The whole issue has never been about Customary Use or Beach Access. It is about Corporate Use and Corporate Access.

Public beach access has always been available in ample supply - but not always on the "front row". And that seems to be the rub for a lot of people that come to the water. You can't blame them for wanting an unobstructed view of the water, but they do not have that right on someone else's property. And the BFO's have the right, and the responsibility, to control what happens on their land. Liability falls solely on the property owner and, as such, the right to maintain and control belongs to said owner.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Oh, yes, the two or three individuals who have screens-shotted and blogged what they say is “evidence” of harassment and threats from CU supporters....we’ve all heard this before, this false narrative has been painted over and over again. To try to imply that somehow the more vocal leaders of Customary have individual control over others in social media or are inciting attacks as you have characterized them is completely ridiculous and untrue to the core. No vocal leaders that I know of who are Customary Use supporters have made or attacked or threatened anyone. I have seen individuals reacting to certain Social media posts with emotion and used bad language and made threatening remarks on both sides but to try to characterize the fantasy that they’re all under some sort of Svengali control is utterly ridiculous on ether side. And, regarding all this screenshot-ing that the handful of beachfront owners have done...talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Reggie, it’s becoming clearer and clearer who you might be...more crumbs than a New York deli.

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm not from New York, and I don't hang out in Deli's. I'll only eat bread if it's gluten free, fewer crumbs.

Quit trying to play detective, and address the problems with lawyers, and wealthy business owners running FBFA. How can that elite class of rule and LAW breakers attack the common citizens and then blame them for the fight y'all started? Asking for a friend.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Anyone who claims to know who Reggie's is like someone bluffing with a pair of 10's on a Sunday night.

Most importantly, what does it matter? Let's get back to the issues. So far Walton County has spent over a millions dollars and more at risk in the attempt to TAKE property rights against the US Constitution and the Florida Property Bill of Rights.

Do you think the US Supreme Court is going to side with the BCC TAKING Property Rights?

Let's spend some time cleaning up the Vendor Beach Chair issue and protecting our unique ecosystem.