• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
There is a political tactic coming from the power brokers. They sell fear and will repeat it over and over. Don't buy it! Both political parties do this so I understand how difficult it is to find the TRUTH. Listen to your conscience. It is okay to think in terms of community. Our beach is part of this community. Protect it.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
The BCC had no choice.

The old BCC HAD A CHOICE not to sue thousands of private property owners in an attempt to TAKE their property right

The new BCC HAS A CHOICE not to continue to spend millions of dollars in an attempt to TAKE property rights and risk MILLIONS MORE if the Supreme Court does not agree with the BCC that their actions meet the criteria of Ancient, Reasonable, Without Interruption, and Free from Dispute. That last point is going to be really hard to prove.

Our beach is part of this community. Protect it.

The core issue is to many people in too small an area. Same problem as Venice and every major tourist spot in the world that does not enforce density management.

OUR BEACH IS PART OF OUR COMMUNITY! PROTECT IT! DON'T ALLOW THE BCC TO DESTROY OUR UNIQUE 30A ECOSYSTEM SO A FEW POWER BROKERS CAN MAKE MILLIONS DESTROYING WHAT WE ALL LOVE. WHAT HAPPENS WE HAVE 5 MILLION TOURISTS? WHAT ABOUT 6 MILLION? WHAT ABOUT 10 MILLION!

OUR BEACHES AND UNIQUE ECOSYSTEM IS THE REASON WE ALL CAME TO SOWAL! PROTECT IT!

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
[QUOTENow BPO's will tell you that there is plenty of beach to go around so stay off ours please. Again misdirection. The People need to be aware that if BPO's win this lawsuit there will be less and less beach every year. The power to exclude will become an abuse of power. Trust your conscience![/QUOTE]

There is ONE MILE of open beach at Grayton State Park. This park is generally free for admission in the summer, has plenty of parking and bathrooms. And is extremely nice with a good location. As members of the WCC and TDC have told me, there is a bigger PARKING problem than beach access problem.

Again, this whole issue boils down to Corporate / County access and use. Any "misdirection" is coming from elected and appointed officials. As well as a few "keep my face and name in the spotlight" local activists.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
They will end up doing what they did in sea grove. gulf shore manor was for the gulf shore manor private beach. The just built a parking lot at bramble grove and on Santa Clara streets . They didn’t pay for any then put up county signs. Tried to talk to tony Anderson but he would not talk to me about it. The word from his office is the county lawyer told him not to answer any questions about it. Funny thing is he sure called me to thank me for my vote, but not even a call saying he couldn’t talk about it. Had to go to his office and be told by his assistant.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Sowal Community Red Alert: Be aware of the trojan horse campaign by rich power brokers. Notice the above tactics. First one is to speak often and louder (all caps) with intention to drown out our voice. They are more than willing to speak for you. They are NOT interested in anything we have to say. Second one is to tone it down and try and sound like The People. They are NOT The People. They don't care about The People. It is highly possible that they are not from this community. Their tactics are quite impressive. Don't be fooled. Trust your conscience!

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
Has anyone been to the last two Commissioner's meetings? July 9th and July 23?
Check out Eastern Lake Road addresses 392 and 406. Parking lot coming for 57 vehicles. Homes coming down. Run off into Eastern Lake (Contaminates from car oil, traffic, lights). All for the Eastern Lake access on the hairpin turn. If anyone is curious.

Attachments

• 19-0404 - PdfProperty behind Commodores.pdf
    439.4 KB · Views: 28

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
Well, I am certainly not a "Power broker" nor are any of the BFO's I know.

While I do listen to my conscience, I am going to trust my property deed and the responsibilities I have for the property.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
There is a reason why power brokers do not use their real names. Think about it. They do not want us to know who they are because they are hiding their purpose. If we knew their names their purpose would be exposed. This thread was about EXCLUSION AND POWER. They are skilled and determined. Trust your conscience!

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
SUP view do you have only that one responsibility in life? Community is important. When we die we leave behind our good will. There is no bigger responsibility than GOOD WILL!

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
SUP view do you have only that one responsibility in life? Community is important. When we die we leave behind our good will. There is no bigger responsibility than GOOD WILL!

Agree totally on the importance of community and good will.

If my wife and I sit on the beach at our property and enjoy watching a younger couple with a couple of kids having a good time in front of us, that is great. Glad to let them know good places to eat, ask them where they are from, suggest routes to avoid traffic, etc.... That is our choice and we have done just that on many occasions. We also can ask large groups who are trashing the beach at our property, using offensive language, no respect for others around, etc.... to pack their gear and get moving. We have done just that.

As is our right.

And we will continue to do so.