• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Hey Rachael! Thank you for your community spirit! As for me I generally like people...even when they disagree with me. So even if you and I disagree it matters not in the big picture. Life is short. I say live and let live! These people I call power brokers are very interesting. I assume they are not from here. If they are they sure don’t talk like it. They are too systematic. Too smooth. Too glib. Because they hide their names and follow an agenda that diminishes any value outside their own interest I conclude that they are not what they say. Back to community. There is a simple little book titled Seed Folks that I read once or twice every year. It was given to me as a gift. You might enjoy it especially in this polarized world. I feel we must be aware of people that try to divide us. That little book is amazing. If you do read it let me know what you think. Power to The Community!

I was Gailforce until I decided to ditch my nom de plume, so you may not always like me.

Good evening Rachael Ashman McKee,

I especially appreciate that you are represented here a yourself and not an anonymous, fake profile. I respect you and your opinions and conviction regarding this issue.

Last edited:

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Wow...thanks for looking into this because I am not knowledgeable on how to get that info. Looks like, if your research is correct, my hand is looking pretty good.

Bottom line.
If you own beach property, you can get sued for liability for any injuries on your property.
Supreme Court still holds a Royal Flush.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
"1,193 private property parcels and 4,671 property owners"........
I keep seeing these numbers pop up and I think I will have to do some research and find out just how many of these litigants are actually businesses/investments/trusts and/or LLCs. Meaning they probably dont even live here and are actually running these properties as businesses.....I wonder how many of them are upland property owners that dont even realize their renters are the ones that are getting squeezed into that sliver of "public beach" and being bullied into renting from the chair nazis. Any good property management company isnt going to let those complaints get back to the owner lest they be fired. They will just comp a night or hand out a few gift card VISAs. The "homeowner" will never be any wiser as long as that check hits the bank every month and they are at a 90% or better occupancy rate.

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
First, thank you James for tell me about a forum to post the Eastern Lake property purchases. I barely ever post just try to keep up with what's going on.
As to the one cent tourist tax. I watched the meeting of July 23 and I believe it's to purchase property or to pay for the improvements already planned for properties purchased to attract more tourists and for the public to use. Follow link and click on the 9am meeting and video. It's near the end of meeting.

This is an E-Update for the meeting: Board of County Commissioners - Jul 23 2019
Please visit the following link to view the document:

Board of County Commissioners - Jul 23 2019

catmoney

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
Bottom line.
If you own beach property, you can get sued for liability for any injuries on your property.

That’s true, but that applies to any property no matter if it’s beach property or not. My point is, if you cite 16 examples you would think one would be relevant.

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
So TDC just raised the tourist tax from 4% to 5% effective January 1st. Anybody know the justification for this offhand?
I rarely posted and then this time I posted to James Brentwood the answer to your question by operator error on my laptop. But I watched the July 23 meeting and the 1% increase is to either purchase more property or to pay for the improvements to the properties already purchased to attract more tourists and for the public use. The answer is toward the end of the meeting.

This is an E-Update for the meeting: Board of County Commissioners - Jul 23 2019
Please visit the following link to view the document:

Board of County Commissioners - Jul 23 2019

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Bottom line.
Bottom line is you can be sued in our society for just about anything by just about anybody. After reading what someone else posted about your list I think that proves it. My question to you, what was the win loss record?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Alot (and I mean ALOT) of the "owners' in the lawsuit are LLCs so they have thought of that and knew that there would be people on that beach and they were covering their ass...sets.