• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
This ain't rocket science people. Trying to keep people off the beach is wrong. Plain and simple. And I include businesses, corporations and homeowner associations. The county letting vendors use our beaches without public consent is wrong. The county's job should be to keep the beaches clean, provide access, and enforce good behavior.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
This ain't rocket science people. Trying to keep people off the beach is wrong. Plain and simple. And I include businesses, corporations and homeowner associations. The county letting vendors use our beaches without public consent is wrong. The county's job should be to keep the beaches clean, provide access, and enforce good behavior.
I totally agree with you..SHAME on the county allowing vendors to take over. The counties purpose when it comes to the beach is to keep the beaches maintained, clean and safe..That means not allowing obnoxious behavior and enforcing the rules The public beach accesses are used so heavily...the one in Blue Mountain Beach down from the creamery is a mess. The first 4 to 5 steps coming up from the beach are thick with sand making it difficult to walk up them… large sections of the railing coming up the steps are missing or almost falling off! I’ve called the TDC to inform them about this twice in the last month but yet nothing has been done.. here’s the kicker it’s less than a mile straight down to the beach from where their maintenance facility is located! WHAT DO THEY DO???

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I totally agree with you..SHAME on the county allowing vendors to take over. The counties purpose when it comes to the bitches is to keep the beaches maintained, clean and safe..That means not allowing obnoxious behavior and enforcing the rules The public beach accesses are used so heavily...the one in Blue Mountain Beach down from the creamery is a mess. The first 4 to 5 steps coming up from the beach are thick with sand making it difficult to walk up them… large sections of the railing coming up the steps are missing or almost falling off! I’ve called the TDC to inform them about this twice in the last month but yet nothing has been done.. here’s the kicker it’s less than a mile straight down to the beach from where their maintenance facility is located! WHAT DO THEY DO???
Local businesses and politicians have no spine. They are gobbling from the tourist trough. It is going to be up to locals to show the spine and make business and politicians follow. Replace the politicians and shame local businesses to put our quality of life and conservation of resources first.

Once the tide is turned they will see that these actions are actually good for business.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Local businesses and politicians have no spine. They are gobbling from the tourist trough. It is going to be up to locals to show the spine and make business and politicians follow. Replace the politicians and shame local businesses to put our quality of life and conservation of resources first.

Once the tide is turned they will see that these actions are actually good for business.

I agree. (surprised?). But the fine folks north of Choctawhatchee Bay who have the power in this county see the beach as a money machine. Once every single voter in SoWal votes in elections, this power shift will happen. The numbers of SoWal residents are growing, so it' just a matter of time. Let's hope we still have some of our unique SoWal beauty left.

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville

Who's going to "turn the tide"? Are you going to have some candidates like AOC and Bernie? Free stuff for all!

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
Politics belongs in the lounge. Not here.
So, bashing the local politicians and business owners has nothing to do with politics? and the regulars here are always suggesting that local politicians be voted out. Please explain. It seems to me that some who post here want to elect county officials like the left wing loonies that I mentioned.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
So, bashing the local politicians and business owners has nothing to do with politics? and the regulars here are always suggesting that local politicians be voted out. Please explain. It seems to me that some who post here want to elect county officials like the left wing loonies that I mentioned.
National politics goes in the lounge only. I doubt you'll last long here anyway with your rantings.

Status
Not open for further replies.