• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Tyler T your posts are much appreciated. It helps to have a visual of BMBV's frustrations and I do understand why he is upset. I would rather go back in time when it was quieter but here we are and the emotions on both sides are high. The legalese posters are nothing more than high powered agitators brought in by a few BPO's. I do feel bad for the BPO's that were mislead. Bottom line is that we have to be reasonable and respectful otherwise conflicts will increase and suddenly this becomes a nightmare. It is a bad situation made worse by just a handful of people. I really don't like the deception!

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
RG, boasting your wealth is not a good idea. The People are learning every time you post. The problem with wealth is that it is insatiable. You will take more and more away from The People. Eventually the oppression of losing our resources like the beach to people like you will cause The People to lose hope. I don't understand how you sleep at night with all the deception. Apparently money and power is very very important to you. This thread has played out because you have exposed who you are and who you are not. Same with the others. Never was about community. Just dirty politics.

Just in case your conscience comes back on line why don't you tell us who you are? We might all be impressed! Are you the trojan or the horse? Or wait a minute. Are you...naw you couldn't be!

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
Why would someone need to expose their name to validate their point for you? Whether it’s from Mickey Mouse or Ruth Bader Ginsberg is of no consequence. It’s the substance of their opinion that matters, unless their lack of a real name is all you have to throw back at them.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Why would someone need to expose their name to validate their point for you? Whether it’s from Mickey Mouse or Ruth Bader Ginsberg is of no consequence. It’s the substance of their opinion that matters, unless their lack of a real name is all you have to throw back at them.
Because those who call out the opposition by name while hiding are cowardly. HIiding behind sock puppets and lawyers lends no credibility to said opinion.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Rachael, I respect your comments very much however I could not disagree with you more. Humans are clever and manipulative. We use words to do many things like inspire or inform but also to manipulate and agitate. I assume that you and I both care a lot about truth. Truth is the opposite of deception. If you go back and read the posts from RG and SV you will find deception mixed in with some facts and outright deception in others. For example, Sup View posted about 10 or 12 court cases that he said proved a certain point. Someone found that not one of those cases proved his point. Sup View was deceptive which is the opposite of truth. He did not think we the people are smart enough to fact check. Well, someone did. Reggie Gaskins started this thread knowing that most BPO's do not mind sharing the beach with respectful people. Every one of his post is meant to agitate and manipulate BPO's into believing that the big bad government and the loser people are trying to "take" away their property. He goes on to say that the local government "never once" offered to work with the BPO's which is wrong on so many levels. First level is that local government worked with every BPO in allowing you to build on a sand dune which gives you exclusive views of the beach and Gulf of Mexico. IMO I believe that the county assumed that the beach would be shared in return for those permits to build on the sand dune. Reggie also says that he is not affiliated with politics and that he and his family have been part of this community for a long time. I believe in the phrase: trust by verify. All I am asking is for Reggie Gaskins to verify he is who he says he is because he has made accusations about many things here on this thread. I think it is a fair question. Don't you agree?

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
From mputnal: "For example, Sup View posted about 10 or 12 court cases that .he said proved a certain point. Someone found that not one of those cases proved his point. Sup View was deceptive which is the opposite of truth."

Uh, no. You might consider reading my posts a few more times. ALL factual and simple for you to verify. Sidney Noyes is easy to reach. As are the folks at the TDC.

The facts that I have written don't agree with your "opinion" of beach front owner's property - and that is clear to all. If your claim is that the county "worked with" BFO's by selling them property out to the MHWL, your definition of "work" is far different than the norm.

Sky screamers are not the path to any meaningful resolution.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Contrary to your words, thankfully not very many want to exclude us from the beach which we grew up on.
Tyler, honestly, that's not my core concern. My core concern is government overreach, telling me that I cannot exclude ANYBODY from my private property. Until this CU law suit and propaganda against BFOs came in to play, running you off our private beach was way down my priority list. I'm not saying it's now at the top but it's definitely moving up. "You" fully encouraged your BCC to create this great divide. And you expect me to treat uninvited beachgoers the same as I did before this mess? It's too late for that.

Oh Tyler. can you not find a spot on a public beach?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Rachael, pardon me it was Stone Cold J who listed those court cases.

I believe that you power brokers are either one in the same or like professional wrestling where it is a tag team of grown men mocking a sport. It is organized so well that it looks real but it is not. There are some skills involved which makes it look real. Dirty politics is the same way. Skilled actors using words meant to manipulate and agitate. That said I do believe in an honest debate regarding the facts. IMO the county has made some serious mistakes in giving out those permits that limits the resource and damages the resource. Wealth always takes advantage of The People with pockets full of money. They can afford to pay for a tag team of lawyers to find ways around rules. They threaten everyone with lawsuits. Maybe the county just preferred to give them what they want in return for sharing the beach with the public instead of fighting all the waivers that their large buildings require on the shifting sand of the sand dunes. You see wealth are given rights that The People do not have. They have privileges that most of us do not have. Immediate gratification is a human trait and when you have enough money it creates an unlimited desire for as many resources as one can accumulate. That is the purpose of a power broker. Social media is a tool. Wealth is learning how to manipulate this tool. The smart CU supporters got out of this conversation early on. The dumb ones like myself stubbornly want to believe that you can have an honest conversation with these people. Unless they come clean and tell us who they are you really can't have a real (honest) conversation. I believe if you are going to be accused of "taking" the beach (aka stealing) without paying for it then I should know who is accusing me. Is that not fair?