• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Are you now patronizing me because you now understand that I purchased private beach front property for just over a hundred thousand dollars with the “help” of a mortgage? And now we might have things in common? If we do, one wouldn’t know it based on your rants.

You consistently play both sides of this CU issue but rarely address core issues associated with CU. You even admit that CU probably won’t stand up to Constitutional law. Wait a minute....WE DO HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!

Actually, IMO, your posts are quite taxing, unless one loves elite wealthism conspiracy theories on the Redneck Riviera or one loves having general political and socioeconomic smoke blown up one’s rear orifice in a thread specific to CU. I suggest starting a new thread sans CU for those issues that are near and dear to your heart.

OTOH, this thread, again IMHO, has more than adequately shone a very bright light on the antics of pro-CU activists with the help of some very smart people (who you title as wealthy elite). As a matter of fact, I have noticed a drop in all the shallow personal attacks on BFOs and blatant mistruths from people and groups like Florida Beaches for All (not just here on SoWal). And at least to that end, Reggie’s thread has been a positive one.
BMBV, well said. Thanks to you and a group of locals, through this thread, we have combined our interest in the protection of our community and neighbors’ quality of life. Your voices have made a huge impact on holding CU activists accountable. We have inspired a handful of other mediums and actions that have definitely quieted the false narratives, and reduced the public video ambush circus.

The tide is turning. Common sense is returning. There are hints that the public and county now realize that forcefully suing almost 5,000 of the significant taxpayers in the county might not be the best way to ask for a compromise.

Hopefully the radicals can let go. Then we can get back to coexisting on these fabulous beaches we call home. There is hope. Allow a few selfless leaders with no agenda to address the problem, and it gets done handsomely. But for the record, regardless of who wins...
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Give me free beaches or give me death!

Translated for those who took the time and researched the law and Walton County beach ownership history...

“I want something nice and of significant value that you have owned for many years. If you don’t hand it over to me as a result of my threats, I’m willing to fight you to the death to steal it.”

It really is that simple.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
BMBV, well said. Thanks to you and a group of locals, through this thread, we have combined our interest in the protection of our community and neighbors’ quality of life. Your voices have made a huge impact on holding CU activists accountable. We have inspired a handful of other mediums and actions that have definitely quieted the false narratives, and reduced the public video ambush circus.

The tide is turning. Common sense is returning. There are hints that the public and county now realize that forcefully suing almost 5,000 of the significant taxpayers in the county might not be the best way to ask for a compromise.

Hopefully the radicals can let go. Then we can get back to coexisting on these fabulous beaches we call home. There is hope. Allow a few selfless leaders with no agenda to address the problem, and it gets done handsomely. But for the record, regardless of who wins...
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
Oh get over yourself... if you think that this thread has changed minds or affected the outcome of the CU battle you are delusional.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Translated for those who took the time and researched the law and Walton County beach ownership history...

“I want something nice and of significant value that you have owned for many years. If you don’t hand it over to me as a result of my threats, I’m willing to fight you to the death to steal it.”

It really is that simple.
That's some class A bullshit spin right there my friends. :spin:

I bet you're able to fool some of the people some of the time. :doh:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
That's some class A bullshit spin right there my friends. :spin:

I bet you're able to fool some of the people some of the time. :doh:
Ok, let’s review:

50% of Walton beaches have been private for 100 years

50% are county/state owned aka “public”

So the Public beaches are already “free”

But You want all beaches to be “free”, meaning you have access and use to them all at your discretion.

But the other 50% are private.

You want them also, but someone else owns them.

So you demand “Give me” your property! And when that doesn’t happen...

You equate your desire to take those beaches with your life itself - “beaches or death”

This indicates your willingness to fight for your desire to steal private property until the death.

What did I miss?

Last edited:

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Ok, let’s review:

50% of Walton beaches have been private for 100 years

50% are county/state owned aka “public”

So the Public beaches are already “free”

But You want all beaches to be “free”, meaning you have access and use to them all at your discretion.

But the other 50% are private.

You want them also, but someone else owns them.

So you demand “Give me” your property! And when that doesn’t happen...

You equate your desire to take those beaches with your life itself - “beaches or death”

This indicates your willingness to fight for your desire to steal private property until the death.

What did I miss?
You do realize that people can see every post and you don't need to keep repeating the BS over and over and over. Nothing better to do with your time? Doesn't your money need counting or something? I bet it's feeling neglected and lonely.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
You wanna throw up all over a constructive post with big italicized letters in an emotional, irrelevant patriotic mantra, pretending to be a hero of some sort

Only to have it literally shredded with a little reasonable thought, logic, and current law

And then instead of defending your defeated position, or remaining quiet, you publicly ridicule a ghost with childish and inaccurate school yard bullying

Thank you for confirming my conclusions

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie, you are not who you say you are. This thread was not about the 30A Legacy. Hardly anything you say other than your legal opinion is not real. However I do agree with you about the fact that humans are emotional. Whether you support CU or beach exclusion it is an emotional subject right? Your provocative dialogue was designed to engage the emotions of The People who believe that the wonder and beauty of the beach should forever be open to the public. This thread was deceptive from the beginning. It was never about a compromise or community as the title suggests. Never once have you offered to compromise on exclusion. Never once have you offered to explain your involvement in this community as you have claimed. So relative to whatever authority you would like to be on the beach, the people, respect, law, bullying, etc you remain to be insincere and unknown.

I doubt you speak for but just a few BPO's. I'm sure you speak for the wealthy. As a power broker it is important to provoke fear. I don't know this for sure but I doubt many people have been persuaded that anyone is coming to take the beach away from them because well it is just ain't true. People simply want to enjoy the beach without being harassed or told to leave. It makes no sense why you want to do this because most people DO respect BPO's and the resource. IMO I believe you don't respect The People. You can prove me wrong by giving us your personal history of the good will you that you have performed in this community as you have previously stated. I can only trust what I know to be real and if you want to be an authority that would be fair right? I don't believe you are who you say you are but there is one way to prove me wrong. I'm also not an authority on anything so maybe we have something in common after all :)