• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
ForF, may I ask if you support exclusive rights to the beach by those with deeds that describe the property to the MHWL?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
This will be my last post on this subject. In conclusion I believe there should have been compromise and there was opportunity for it until people were mislead and deceived by the power brokers.
Last post on this subject? Oh well, keep using more paragraphs.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
No, this is not about private property it is about excluding all of us from enjoying and using our most treasured and beloved beaches.
If you say so (over and over and over again). By the way, thanks for using mputnal’s phrase “power bookers” again. Got a chuckle from it.

Question to you, Dave: Why did you feel the need to completely rewind the topic clock with the content of your post and start yet another thread? Was the other thread too tainted for your taste because it was initiated by Reggie?

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Replace "subject" with thread. Okay, since you are here I guess I have to go back to more paragraphs!

If the weather would turn cooler I would rather be outside getting dirt under my nails so until then lets talk about the power brokers. Who are they? Why are they here? Who hired them? Are they Russian diplomats trying to stir up trouble? Are they wealthy oligarchs? Are they political agitators? So many questions so little time...

harrymurry

Beach Comber
Nov 30, 2012
I would beg to guess it's the same person, multiple screen names. Likely the same person that watches his webcam all day from 700 miles away and calls the cops when an innocent little kid runs across his 'private' beach.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
The power brokers are people who weld their power over The People. They are authoritarian, elitist, politically connected and wealthy (or work for the wealthy). They have disconnected from The People because in their beliefs The People are losers and failures and always want something for nothing. They have effective methods of controlling the people and resources. On this forum they started posting this summer taking every advantage of fear tactics propaganda to gain support for private beaches. They do not want anyone to know who they are. Harrymurry could be right and it could be one person with several screen names. They rile people up to the point of emotional outburst which they use against them. I admit it is effective because well we are all human.

I understand your concerns about how this forum operates. I have been disrespected a plenty on previous threads (unrelated to this subject) by many of these people who support customary use. I will not call out names because they know who they are but I try to be respectful to everyone including the power brokers. The moderators have their reasons for their control over the forum. If you support an issue that the moderators may not agree with I do believe they will allow you to have a voice. Really that is a good thing so I would move on from perceived unfairness.

Back to the power brokers. Their math is always that The People are "less than" their perceived value. We should all be aware of anyone who abuses power. I really do not envy their success but I do not want anyone telling me or my family that we are "less than" because we have not worked as hard or achieved as much to earn the same rights as they have to our beach resources. Wealth already owns most of this planets most beautiful natural resources. Take notice of our beach disappearing behind bigger and bigger buildings. I think The People need to push back on this abuse in the distribution of our beach resources. We may have already waited too long because these power brokers are going to use whatever power it takes to keep people off parts of the beach. Those parts will grow and grow until we the people will have less and less access. Is that something that you want for future generations?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
All I know is their fake names:

Reggie Gaskins
FloridaBeachBum
StoneColdJ
SupView

That is all I can remember but I think there are a few others. BTW I would like to be wrong about these people. All I am going on is my instinct since they "hide" behind these fake names. Yes, I believe that when you have a consistent and continuous vitriolic message with no intentions of compromising I call it "hiding an agenda". It never was about our property rights. It was always about a desire to have power over a beautiful resource. They are probably lawyers or political agitators based on the content of their message.