• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Mputnal, #1768. The USA is a Republic; not a democracy as you state. Individual (not majority) rights are protected by the US Constitution; not the Declaration of Independence. Majority Rule and Minority Rights

Are property rights and ownership (be it a person, company, or Government) an individual right or The People’s or majorities’ right? If the majority of People, say in the City of Tallahassee, want or passed a law that anyone could walk across and recreationally do something like, rake pine straw, because they have for years, from any property (private or government) without the owners consent; would that be democratic (or legal)? Or use Bay front where native Americans used a millennia ago to recreationally camp for the day. That’s “sharing”; right? Why or why not? I don’t expect an answer from you or any CU believer. Have not yet.

This forum is for opinions - informed or not. No litigation here but someone needs to dispel the CU myths and state some facts backed up by references - so at least BPOs can have facts and make informed decisions if they want to protect their property rights or just know the facts.

What fact do you base your belief that I or any BPO (assuming you list me as a ‘power broker’ or that I’m lying about owning beachfront property) “not from here and they have been hired to keep the political issues stirred up”?

“Yes I believe they are getting paid to launch these attacks on public beach supporters.” What attacks? The attack of the facts? Your belief is based on what? If you don’t have any facts; that’s a baseless opinion and again not credible.

If I don’t own beachfront I sure know decades of beach history, facts and CU myths, for a hired-gun who is not from around here. Which county is your residence again? I don’t expect you will answer that either.

“We The People are getting hurt by this abuse of power...” What abuse of what power? How? Decline in Walton tourism (see bed tax) and real estate? If someone had purchased real estate even north of the Bay since 2015 they have done well in the free market capitalism we have in the USA. Why do you not use “property rights” in place of “power”?

“We The People are unified in not letting this [private property owners protecting their rights to quiet use and enjoyment if they so choose?] happen.” How? Another American or Florida Revolution by inciting People on social media? In court? CUnCourt.

“I am not judging those that believe in private beaches ...” Really? What have you been doing in all your (77?) days posting on this thread over and over? Just not credible like many of your and other vocal CU believer’s baseless opinions.

The only thing that has obstructed BPO’s individual unalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness is the Walton Commissioners’’ CU litigation and unfounded vocal CU misinformation posts here and on anti-social media.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
James Bentwood, just asking, is James Bentwood your pseudonym on this forum or your real name? Do you reside in Walton? Does anyone have to own beachfront property to believe in private property rights and doubt the CU (factual?) information? Dave Rauschkolb is not "willing to talk to anyone". I can name at least one who is willing to meet in public on this thread but DR has ignored.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
FBB, I just answered all your questions and observations but it somehow got deleted. Maybe I will retype it when I am not so tired from a hard day of "work". Suffice it to say for now that this is a representative democracy where The People have power and being unified is a good thing as in The United States of America. Again I offer you a fish fry summit where we can discuss each of your concerns about my opinions and facts and I will listen to your...fact...again. I would look forward to explaining what an abuse of power is in terms of private beaches. Who knows if we might agree on a thing or two...neither should hold our breath though :)

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
FBB, I have GREAT answers for all your irrelevant, incredible and untruthful questions or false application of one fact that you repeatedly state in order to bait people into an emotion. Answers that come from natural laws that each and every one of us should strive to live by. Answers that come from legal precedent. Answers that come from many facts and truthful observations. I do not hide behind a computer. Your purpose here is not what you say it is. You are not who you say you are. I work, play and live here. I am in the 30A area most every week of the year and talk to a LOT of people. All your searching for information on me proves you are not who you say you are and that your methods are dishonest and dishonorable. The only fact that matters that come from your posts is that you are not a credible provider of truth or fact.

Here is your chance to prove your credibility in my offer to be more social and meet for a fish fry summit. If credibility and truth is part of your message then I see no reason why you would refuse. You can bring anyone from your group. If I were a BPO I would welcome a different tone. So far you have been very anti-social/anti-community. This is your chance! Put a face to your attacks on me or anyone else who disagrees with you. Put a face to your words. I offer you food, drink and a relaxed atmosphere from which to honor your words because I am not insulted by your attacks on me. I understand your tactics and I believe that you will behave better in a community setting. Surely you will not attack those that disagree with you when you see that we are hard working decent people who just want to go to the beach for the sole purpose of LLH. I/We have no other motive for wanting to go to any beach and forever so that future generations of our families will be able to enjoy this limited and amazing resource. At our summit you will have ample opportunity to explain your motives for excluding people from the beach. You say that excluding people from the beach is a power that comes from our Constitution and Bill of rights. I say that excluding people from the beach comes from an abuse of power. This will be good for your credibility and prove me wrong. It would be good for BPO's who enjoy this community as well as the beach. If you are a BPO reading this post please encourage FBB and the others that support private beaches to be honorable and attend my offer of a fish fry summit.