• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Uneelle

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2015
Yesterday a sign was posted on Red Fish Taco’s door saying “Closed for season. See you Feb. 2020”. Hope they do reopen.

E5150

Beach Lover
Jun 7, 2018
Enterprise, AL
I'd be surprised if they survive there. Space is a proven black hole. That's about the sixth or seventh restaurant attempt there.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
I'd be surprised if they survive there. Space is a proven black hole. That's about the sixth or seventh restaurant attempt there.

Really only 2. 1st Note was not really a restaurant. It was an attempt at a music venue with food.

Uneelle

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2015
Really only 2. 1st Note was not really a restaurant. It was an attempt at a music venue with food.
Actually before First Note, wasn’t there a restaurant/music venue featuring David Seering? If so that’s 4 restaurants in that space, with 5 different owner/chefs (Trébeache was owned by 2 different owners).

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Actually before First Note, wasn’t there a restaurant/music venue featuring David Seering? If so that’s 4 restaurants in that space, with 5 different owner/chefs (Trébeache was owned by 2 different owners).
Nope. Seering was supposed to be upstairs, but he backed out before opening. Trebeache was one owner - same owner as Redfish Taco / Stinky's. First Note was a fail from the start - had some good music but people shushed you when you were having a low conversation.

In my opinion with phones nowadays a good place can be anywhere and people will find you. Redfish Taco is great and has an amazing bar it is centered around. There's just not enough people out at night and even in Summer it's mostly families. A family style mexican like a million others in America would do well there. Centered around the same old menu instead of tequila and fancy tacos. A second Stinky's location might work also, sharing labor and food stock.

Uneelle

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2015
Nope. Seering was supposed to be upstairs, but he backed out before opening. Trebeache was one owner - same owner as Redfish Taco / Stinky's. First Note was a fail from the start - had some good music but people shushed you when you were having a low conversation.

In my opinion with phones nowadays a good place can be anywhere and people will find you. Redfish Taco is great and has an amazing bar it is centered around. There's just not enough people out at night and even in Summer it's mostly families. A family style mexican like a million others in America would do well there. Centered around the same old menu instead of tequila and fancy tacos. A second Stinky's location might work also, sharing labor and food stock.
Actually, before Richard opened it as Trébeache, the Williams family decorated, owned and ran it as The Bowery. They took over the space (upstairs and down) after First Note closed. They began only downstairs, the sunk a ton of money into outfitting the 3 upstairs area...the large one of which was outfitted with an awesome sound system. They even tried having the Temptations (or perhaps The Four Tops) as “resident artists,” but it failed.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Forgot about the Bowery. You're right - big dreams and lots of money. The upstairs is for sale - would make good office space for someone.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Wasn't the fried chicken place that was open briefly housed in what you would call Trebeache's/RFT's reception area? Seems like it.
Lees, it was on the east most side of the building i believe. I recall being very excited and then i had the product. Trebeache was one of the few places that i actually recommended to folks and then they began having consistency issues. None of the optimists ever to advertise adequately there either. Its a nice space but black hole is right. Wells fargo was rarely crowded there also and now that theyve moved to the Publix center its an utter debacle on payday.