• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV, we are not enemies and I understand and respect the laws and principles of property rights. However I do believe we can go too far with our principles. I am willing to debate the issues with people like you and even the power brokers...with respect and civility. This forum allows us to hide our identity and therefore not exactly conducive to respect and civility. I think you and I probably would agree on many things just not private vs public beach. It is okay to disagree and okay to debate the issues again with respect and civility. I am just going to say this. The power brokers don't give a rats aspirin bottle about you or me or our recreational use of the beaches. They are here for one thing: power. The power they want is to control gain full control of a capital asset. If they win this lawsuit it will be a matter of time before they own much more of the beach. Probably would eventually own your condo and trust me to them it will be about profits and whatever their whims are. If we the people public lose this in court it will severely limit who can enjoy the beaches. I wish I were wrong about this but my instincts and common sense say do not trust the purpose of the power broker in protecting anything including our property rights...

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
I understand and respect the laws and principles of property rights

If you understand and respect the laws and principals of property rights. Then please understand the following two FACTS

1. Legally deeded private property with defined legally binding property boundaries have been purchased in Walton County (some owned for decades by the same families). These property boundaries are legally protected by the Federal Government, the State of Florida, and until 2016, Walton County. Even if Walton County does not want to recognized them anymore as legally purchased private property, the State of Florida and the Federal Government DOES.

2. The Principals of Property Rights include the Right of Exclusion. That means the County cannot FORCE a private property owner to allow unlimited people with unlimited beach equipment on their legally deeded property against the will of the property owner.

Private property can be purchased but MAY NOT BE TAKEN WITH OUT COMPENSATION. An individual can purchase private property and donate it to Walton County (as has done many, many times in Walton County) or individuals can work with the State of Florida to purchase property and turn it into a State Park (like was done with Topsail), but the County cannot take (AKA steal) property without compensation.

These legally binding private property deeds and property rights are STILL recognized by Federal and State LAWS even the county decided in 2016 to try and remove them. IF Judge Green someone does decide to rule with the BCC and local power broker who stand to gain MILLIONS by REMOVING PROPERTY Rights, then it goes to the next court, and eventually the Supreme Court (actually their is a fast track provision so it may it to the supreme court sooner than later). So, how do you think the Supreme Court will rule on a County trying to remove property rights, effectively trying to steal property from a target group of minority property owners without compensation?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
SCJ, I am not a lawyer but I believe you are incorrect. The general recreational public "use" of the beaches is the conservative use that will be recognized by the court. Yes the use is has legal precedent over the deed description. If you do not believe it then just wait on the Court to decide. The general public has more to lose here than the BFO's because no one is "excluding" BFO's from the beach. Beach density and vending are not relevant to the court but it is relevant to our community and need to be addressed. Your group have confirmed this by making this only about exclusive rights to throw families off the beach. That is all you really care about because you are not from this community.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
SCJ, forgot to address the issue of local authority. I believe the court will recognize the County as being representative of the will of her citizens and will allow the County to make a general conclusion about recreational public use. That authority is real. Your political machine in the legislature required said authority to go thru a process to determine public use or private use. The County is following that requirement. Your political machine is the reason we have a lawsuit at ALL but maybe in the end it will be a good thing if this goes all the way to the Supreme Court. I think we both agree on letting the Supreme Court decide control of this limited resource to autocrats or Recreational Public Use. I would welcome that scenario even though it will cost a lot of money because I want my children, my grandchildren and the future of mankind to be able to enjoy this beautiful resource.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Power brokers, I watched a tv program from one of your leaders this weekend. It was about happiness. Apparently only one in three people are consistently happy in the US. The author of the book talked about how to be happy and it was not about material things or power. It was about sharing, giving back and general good will toward others. Kind of like the opposite of what you want in this lawsuit. Maybe you and the others need to practice what your leaders preach. So do I so I enjoyed the program a lot and it made me think of your relentless attacks on the public and my own balance in life. I think we need to let this issue rest in peace and let the Courts decide. Lets relax and have a fish fry without a debate at all. Just get to know each other a little more before either of us gets so riled up. How about it?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV, we are not enemies and I understand and respect the laws and principles of property rights.

Maybe not. But one of us has a funny way of showing it...

bmbv, your post are revealing your character:

1. Dishonest
2. Deceiving
3. Inaccurate
4. Demeaning
5. Dish it out but can't take it
6. Antisocial
7. Anti-community
8. Always hiding behind something

You can stop trying to justify your fake name. I understand why you chose it and why you hide your real name. It's okay. I think we have the picture of who you are and what you represent.

BTW, you never disappoint with your mish-mash, especially with your happiness jibberish.

Damn, I used to like fried fish.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Okay you don't remember that I apologized to you? You are local. Someone with skin in the game. When I made that statement I was actually lumping you in with the power brokers and that was wrong but I stand behind that statement for the power brokers.

Ask the power brokers about the TV program that I watched on TBN I think. I get most of my information from learning from the statements coming from the power brokers. So the happiness jibberish came from those you side with!

Man, lets do the fish fry. Seriously

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
Kathryn, come on now there is no reason to be sarcastic and insulting. We are not enemies. We both are part of this community. When I first clicked on this thread I was on the side of protecting property rights! But when I started asking questions about compromise, individual power to exclude families from the beaches, blocking views with huge buildings all the way to the ground and up several floors, abusing the process, abusing power, lack of credibility and integrity, false statements, manipulated principles, outright dishonesty and hiding both their purpose and identity I quickly sensed something very rotten in their statements of fact. I am not following anything other than my instinct to protect myself from people who abuse power. You can't help but notice how they attack anyone who has a different opinion. They literally believe their opinions and principles are superior to all of us including the BFO's. I feel a sense of standing up to a bunch of bullies. That is the only reason why I keep posting.

stone packard

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2018
niceville
Wait a minute here. You're insulted by something Kayti said but you have no problem with someone telling her that she's stupid? I think some on this forum just have a problem with the idea that everybody doesn't agree with what you believe.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
SP, no you misunderstand. I am not insulted and I don't know who called her stupid. I would never do that to anyone. Cause junkie does not bother me but I was referring to at least two other people she has a beef with. I believe that she might be a little tired of my posts but so am I so we actually agree on that issue.

I must not be communicating clearly because I believe it is okay to disagree as long as we are respectful and civil. I do not expect everyone to agree with me and prefer debating the issue until a compromise can be established. Anyway I think you are barking up the wrong tree. There are some people posting here that call anyone with a differing opinion as stupid and it ain't me. Go back and read FBB, Reggie Regina and the others.