• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Okay you don't remember that I apologized to you?

Yes, I do remember.

One usually apologizes for many things....
Being late;
A car accident;
Bumping into somebody’s cart at the grocery store;
Forgetting one’s anniversary;
Asking a fat woman when she’s expecting.

On the other hand you made a concerted effort to insult me with no less than eight (8) character assassination “bullet” items. It’s the same difference between a murder of passion vs. a premeditated one. It took you time to write those eight items. And there was NOTHING ACCIDENTAL about it (as in a slip of the tongue), all premeditated. Plus you had an hour to reconsider your words and delete them after you posted them.

Man, lets do the fish fry. Seriously
Seriously, can’t attend.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV, you have said much worse to me and others and I am not offended in the least. Where I come from you better have thick skin. Obviously you don’t. An apology was offered and not accepted. Time to move on. I have more fish to fry so to speak...

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV, you have said much worse to me and others and I am not offended in the least. Where I come from you better have thick skin. Obviously you don’t. An apology was offered and not accepted. Time to move on. I have more fish to fry so to speak...
Oh you bet I’ve got thick skin after over a decade of insults and attacks here on SoWal aimed at me / beach front owners. What I don’t have is a thick head. Your pathetic attempt to back pedal from your uncalled direct attack via an all encompassing multipoint character assassination, combined in one single post reveals more than I really care to know about you. Personally, you can take your fish fry and st..............

You are without a doubt one of the worst customary use advocates who doesn’t hold a position with FBFA.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
BMBV, your comments are proof of your character as well as mine. I am no Judge of anyone's character. I can only make observations based on words and actions. In this forum you have personally attacked people on a consistent basis. If I were to go back and quote every personal attack you made it would be a much longer presentation than 8 bullet points. That said I respect you for at least being local and having even thin skin in the game and motioned an apology. You denied that motion. So, that case is closed and your jurisdiction has been vacated :)

It is a shame that people are hell bent on making enemies. Life is short. Humans are imperfect and there are consequences for our behavior. You seem to believe that you are above those consequences probably because you hide behind a fake name but Life is a circle of truth. We are not above that truth. We can not hide from that truth. Observations are all we have in a forum like this. All of us have provided each other with many observations of character. I am not judging your character but the collection of information is there and so is mine. Humans are imperfect and make mistakes but it is that circle of truth that defines who we are. When I make a mistake I own it. Your observations of my character are important only to the extent that they are within that circle of truth. The truth is our judge. That circle of life illuminates the truth and there is no where to hide...

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
I met a young professional married couple in our community last night at dinner, recent transplants from afar. They have 2 young kids, and after a while of chatting, they disclosed their uneasiness in going to their neighborhood beach access. They “Were very afraid of confrontation”. So instead, they only went to state park beaches. Here was my advice...

Don’t be afraid, you’ll be just fine. It isn’t nearly as bad as the social media and liberal panhandle newsrags are reporting. There are absolutely a handful of complete beachfront jerks, so stay away from them: here, here, and here.

Otherwise, when you suspect you are on private property, be respectful. Act as if you are a guest, because you are. No normal beachfront property owner will kick a young family off of the beach when being respectful.

What does that mean? Don’t set up a “camp” on their beach, don’t play loud music, or dig up holes and trenches and then don't fill them in, don’t throw trash around, or leave cigarette butts, or get drunk & obnoxious, etc. Beachfront property owners, for the most part, welcome respectful, quiet, beach goers with zero chance of having an issue.

I also pointed out that now that the recent court docs are showing what we’ve been predicting here since April, the loud and obnoxious trumpeters of CU propaganda have all but disappeared from their normal perches, as their credibility is all but gone. I comforted this family in the fact that most of us enjoyed seeing them enjoying the beach with their children, and we would always be there to protect the beach atmosphere we’re known for around here. But without the senseless ambush videos and public hysteria orchestrated by a now retreating few, to drive a political agenda of further future overdevelopment.

I then directed them to a story here about a “30A legacy” of a unique beach atmosphere that will return once the truth about this manufactured CU hoax comes out in plain view. Almost there.....

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie/Regina, thank you for that wonderful story. I motion that we include this story as evidence for the peaceful coexistence between BFO's and the General Public recreating on the beaches that has been a part of this community for generations. I applaud your honesty regarding the purpose of this beautiful resource that was meant for all to enjoy not just a very few. It is a perfect example of recreational public use on Walton County Beaches! I applaud your honesty. Recreational public use is part of the 30A Legacy. I am glad to see you illuminate this truth. Maybe we can now allow the judicial process to conclude with cheers and salutations as both sides are winners. Lets all go to the beach and enjoy the spirit of happiness in sharing and caring! I think you got a little distracted toward the end but great post!

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Oh, almost forgot, I also told them... Once this CU case goes away, the fervor dies off , and everything quiets down, and we get back to normal,
If you INSTEAD really want to see more signs, ropes, ejections, removals, exclusions, and beach jerks, then all you have to do is:
1) Tell a property owner they actually don’t own any property rights because YOU want to use their property and are (FEEL) entitled to it
2) Provoke a confrontation with a Beach Property Owner by deliberately creating a false beach conflict and posting inaccurate narrative on social media
3) Accuse the Beach Property Owner of somehow stealing his/her property
4) Sue the Beach Property Owner in court to try and take away his/her property or rights thereto same
5) Spread loud and false public claims of beach privatization, quiet title myths, taxation falsehoods, or make believe Old English Colonial Law fantasies.

Pretty much the same thing that the sane voices on this thread have repeated in much more eloquent fashion.
And then there’s this newsflash...
Fried fish is bad for you, it’s 2019.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie did the young professional couple with two kids decide to go to the beach or run for their lives :) The story kind of took a turn so not sure if you soothed their uneasiness or not!?!

You are right about the fried fish. My oldest daughter bought me an air fryer. It's okay but if you and I want the good stuff then I still got my Cajun Fryer! Funny story. A friend of mine from Seattle had a fish fryer on his back porch. When he fired it up for the first time his neighbors came over to see what that thing was. They had never seen one before!