• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Although this “video report” was produced back on February 7, 2019, it was linked in the above online referenced article. It again reflects the EXTREME BIAS of NW Florida Daily News. That is a person after viewing this hatchet job with no understanding of the quiet title process would naturally think Mike Huckabee transferred public beach to private beach for $400 as did several other beach front owners. Again, the fallacy (for anyone in the know) is that the sandy part of the beach in Old Blue Mountain subdivision was NEVER PUBLIC IN THE FIRST PLACE. It was always private.

And why do they constantly zero in on Mike Huckabee when several others have done the same thing? The answer is obvious.

NW Florida Daily News does not know the meaning of shame. Tom McLaughlin, are you listening?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Walton’s customary use case again delayed by notification issues

Just great... 6 more months of fish fried tales. Is this an intentional tactic by Theriaque and the county to delay the case? How hard can it possibly be to officially notify the few remaining parcel owners?
It could be quite hard to notify and get the return receipt notification from the multitudes of HOAs, trusts, investment firms,etc. that own /invested in property. Some of the people that got them might not even realize that they are part of the case or that they own property down here. Maybe some of them dont realize that they were left property or are part of an investment that grandpa and/or grandma gave them decades ago. Maybe some of them are in jail for shady business dealings and dont want anyone to find out about the little nest egg they have hiding down here. There are alot of reasons that they couldnt be notified.

tickledpink

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2005
I am always amused by the arguments presented by the Customary Use Proponents advocates about the greedy, selfish, rich beach front owners who stole THEIR beach via quiet title. I am one of them. It was written in our subdivision covenants that if the organization became defunct, we could apply for a deed to the MHWL line. Those who think of us as the greedy landowners seem to forget who rebuilt the beaches in 2005 after a horrible hurricane season. The County did not. The State did not. The Feds did not. It was those pesky beach front landowners who did. I know because I personalty spent over $200,000 in sand to save my property and rebuild the beach and save it from further erosion. Where was the public when we needed them the most? Lots of luck to try now to take it from me now.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
You're new here but this has been discussed intensely. I was up and down the beaches in 2005 and 2006 and saw all the illegal "beach restoration" you are talking about. A lot of it was documented here with descriptions and photos. Just do a search and read up before posting again.

It was a travesty of a free for all - beachfront owners doing whatever they wanted while officials were busy looking elsewhere. Illegal sand, seawalls, geotubes, etc. After the next major storm we will be stuck with the bill of cleaning up thousands of tons of your crap that will be covering every inch of sand. What is under the sand you dumped?

As for your situation, what possible reason could you have to claim the beach, other than greed?

tickledpink

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2005
You're new here but this has been discussed intensely. I was up and down the beaches in 2005 and 2006 and saw all the illegal "beach restoration" you are talking about. A lot of it was documented here with descriptions and photos. Just do a search and read up before posting again.

It was a travesty of a free for all - beachfront owners doing whatever they wanted while officials were busy looking elsewhere. Illegal sand, seawalls, geotubes, etc. After the next major storm we will be stuck with the bill of cleaning up thousands of tons of your crap that will be covering every inch of sand. What is under the sand you dumped?

As for your situation, what possible reason could you have to claim the beach, other than greed?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Typical ignorance. All construction, sand, and walls was approved by the county and state.
That is patently false. Some reconstruction of “dunes” was approved by county but almost none was approved by the state and they had the jurisdiction.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Although this “video report” was produced back on February 7, 2019, it was linked in the above online referenced article. It again reflects the EXTREME BIAS of NW Florida Daily News. That is a person after viewing this hatchet job with no understanding of the quiet title process would naturally think Mike Huckabee transferred public beach to private beach for $400 as did several other beach front owners. Again, the fallacy (for anyone in the know) is that the sandy part of the beach in Old Blue Mountain subdivision was NEVER PUBLIC IN THE FIRST PLACE. It was always private.

And why do they constantly zero in on Mike Huckabee when several others have done the same thing? The answer is obvious.

NW Florida Daily News does not know the meaning of shame. Tom McLaughlin, are you listening?
Just realized the link for the mentioned video was not provided. Here it is, “again”.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
Typical ignorance. All construction, sand, and walls was approved by the county and state.
There were more violations than they could deal with and most of the illegal work was covered up so they slapped some fines on a few people and did a blanket approval of all the illegal and IGNORANT work.
Greed, ignorance and bureaucracy at its finest.

What I mostly have a problem with is Ignorant people like you with more money than sense who brag about saving the beaches when I know what is going to happen after the next big storm. Thousands of tons of worthless junk, geotube carcasses, seawall twisted metal, pilings, metal curtains and who knows what covering most of our beaches and in the gulf and in the coastal dune lakes. WE THE PEOPLE will have your mess to deal with. You think you helped when in reality you have created a ticking time bomb that will ruin our environment.