• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Nikola Lendl

Beach Crab
Nov 12, 2019
Miami, FL
Hi SoWal friends!

My husband and I are also looking at moving to 30A (Santa Rosa // Inlet Beach area). We currently live in Miami, FL, we're in our mid 20's and have visited several times before. My husband's family lives near Atlanta and we want to move up there to be closer to his family as we start a one of our own :)

My husband is a yacht captain here in Miami and is looking at the possibility of doing property / house management and upkeep so he can be land based full time, while I am an event planner looking to expand my business. I guess my question is this; Do you feel like there is a steady enough year round income when the busy season dies down? And also; Is there a market for people with homes, looking for a property manager (not to lease their house out for them but someone to actually maintain the property)?

Appreciate the honest answers so much! Many thanks!

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
Hi SoWal friends!

My husband and I are also looking at moving to 30A (Santa Rosa // Inlet Beach area). We currently live in Miami, FL, we're in our mid 20's and have visited several times before. My husband's family lives near Atlanta and we want to move up there to be closer to his family as we start a one of our own :)

My husband is a yacht captain here in Miami and is looking at the possibility of doing property / house management and upkeep so he can be land based full time, while I am an event planner looking to expand my business. I guess my question is this; Do you feel like there is a steady enough year round income when the busy season dies down? And also; Is there a market for people with homes, looking for a property manager (not to lease their house out for them but someone to actually maintain the property)?

Appreciate the honest answers so much! Many thanks!
It is tough to move here without a job lined up, plenty of savings, etc. We are a small town and not a whole lot of jobs outside of tourism and many are low pay. Not easy to find housing either and it is expensive.

However there is work to be had relating to construction and maintenance.

Nikola Lendl

Beach Crab
Nov 12, 2019
Miami, FL
It is tough to move here without a job lined up, plenty of savings, etc. We are a small town and not a whole lot of jobs outside of tourism and many are low pay. Not easy to find housing either and it is expensive.

However there is work to be had relating to construction and maintenance.

Thank you for replying! Do you think there is a need for property management outside of rentals?