• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Okay I prefer this my last post to answer FBB but don't ask me any more questions or I will answer them.

Fbb, you ask why I have not come down on disrespectful behavior on both sides. I have. Do your research. Once I started reading you and yours posts I soon realized that your mission here is not what you say it is. You hide your names for a reason that is not what you say it is. Your are here NOT to protect my property rights or anyone's property rights including bpo's. It is pure abuse of power to demand that power to exclude good and decent people from the beach so that you and yours will have "private enjoyment" of a resource that has been shared since the beginning. You want the power of controlling the resource. I think your group of power brokers are here to provoke anger within the community which will hide your purpose. If anyone disagrees with you with a voice you attack that voice with fervor. You do not listen to anyone who have actually shared the beaches for public recreational use. You need them to be silent otherwise your mission is to extinguish those voices. You need to believe your facts are vastly superior to the reality of "beach use". You know you are weak in proving private enjoyment in land use on these beaches. You attack people as if they are inferior or less than your prime directive. That is where I drew the line and the reason why I posted at all. You know the reason for the lawsuit was "due process" which you wanted all along but you now have to convince these bpo's that have willingly shared their beaches forever must now dispute public recreational use. What a piece of work to say that the lawsuit is what makes you angry. Bravo Sierra :)

I think someone is directing this attack on this community to change the beaches from shared enjoyment to private enjoyment. I think we can figure out who but it probably does not matter at this point because you have succeeded in making people angry on both sides which was you mission. I do not know Dave at all but even if I disagreed with him on all other issues I will always stand up for people who are being bullied with relentless attacks over and over because everyone including you do not deserve that kind of abuse. I guess this is a feel good moment for you. Your group has silenced almost everyone in this forum with behavior that must make you feel good about yourselves. I wonder. You may very well win the lawsuit with money and power but you must know that it will not provide you with that one thing that all humans need more than anything else...I think you should figure it out on your own...

Again, if you do not ask me a question I prefer not to post on this thread again...

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Here is a statement, not a question. #2050 was a long diatribe about “Wonder why Dave Rauschkolb and mputnal never attack the majority [of] CU believers with "anonymous" names?” I did not “ask why I [mputnal] have not come down on disrespectful behavior on both sides.” You put words in my mouth again and you obviously are a mind reader to know my “motives” to “provoke anger” -- by shining the light of truth and facts on the in-credible CU beliefs. Then you launch into the usual not credible abuse of American property-rights “power” class-warfare myth.

Do your research. I have only said that Walton BPO’s have the Constitutional right to choose quiet uninterrupted enjoyment of their private property or not; as do all Americans. My estimated 99.9% of the BPO have chosen to share, including me, but if Government police POWER declares that BPO American property rights are null and void all bets are off.

You state “It is pure abuse of power to demand that power to exclude good and decent people from the beach ...” FACT. No one is excluding anyone from the about 13 miles of publicly available Walton dry sand beaches, any of the miles of Florida State park beaches, or all 825 miles of Florida’s foreshore.

The litigation is disappointing and could be a waste of Walton taxpayer's tens of millions of dollars (according to Commissioner's estimate). The anti-social media, intentional CU believer's misinformation, and posts like this make me angry. Mike Huckabee’s role in pushing controversial beach access law
CUnCourt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
4/25/2019
https://sowal.com/forum/attachments/upload_2019-4-25_8-30-52-jpeg.76395/
When you see a PCB or Destin bumper sticker, what thought immediately comes to mind? Probably same for all of us with any time spent here - nice, but it ain’t 30A!

Do you remember why you started renting/visiting here? What was it? Remember when you bought your first 30A property? Why here?

Because it was DIFFERENT, right? Remember the words you used to describe it to family and friends as you invited them here? “Private” “Quiet” “Intimate” “Less crowded”. That wasn’t by accident. The entire genetic code of Sowal beaches is because of the private ownership and neighborhood beach personalities.

You could rent “private beach”. You could buy “private beach”. There wasn’t a free for all frat party atmosphere because of unlimited public beach access on the sands. That behavior was regulated by the privately owned property where such behavior was immediately squelched. And yet, by custom, no one was ever “Kicked off” of private beaches because owners don’t do that unless bad actors abuse the privilege.

Walton County has always had more than 50% PUBLIC beach. Still does. That hasn’t changed. There are now deliberately misleading fear tactics out there with scary words like “Quiet Title” and “Privatization”, neither of which have affected one single square inch of public beach, not one. Yet, the mob mentality, orchestrated by local carnival barkers eager for fame and notoriety, and dollars, have mislead the citizens and deliberately tried to divide the community in a shell game of Customary Use.

The fact is that the county outran the capabilities of local Commissioners to plan for growth 20 years ago, and we haven’t improved that talent to deal with it even yet. So the County, in failing to plan beach availability, tried to illegally claim private property as public, without following the laws requiring judicial oversight. The local Good Ol’ Boys overreached their authority and got caught by the adults in Tallahassee.

So they then decide to sue 4,800 of Sowal citizens to take their property. That’s right, your tax money is being spent, and a lot of it, to SUE almost 5,000 of your neighbors, and steal what they agreed to purchase at a premium, and have a deed to prove it.

Don’t blame them please, they didn’t want or ask for this fight. They live here and care for these beaches just like you and me. Go meet them, they are truly the eclectic fabric of 30A. The signs they had to put up are just in defense of this new orchestrated public attack against them.

The bottom line is this: The minute you release the public to occupy all of Sowal beaches, you IMMEDIATELY get nasty Destin and PCB problems. How will you feel about that 30A sticker then? Nostalgic? Me too!

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Reggie's comments about unrestrained public use of beaches reminded me the previous "Beach Spreading" which is already a symptom of the shared "Tragedy of the [Beach] Commons" posts. Good reminder Regg.

#502 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
#503 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
#618 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
#917 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

And the Walton Commissioners' and Administrator's, Larry Jones, lack of respect for private property rights and Walton tax payers money. October 25, 2016 BCC Regular Meeting. If Commissioners have to spend $40,000,000 or $50,000,000 tax payer's money on CU, we have to.

Last edited by a moderator:

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
I find it ironic that CU believer EZ4144, the master if the juvenile one-line BPO attacks and silly mojies, asks "Why so angry? Why make it personal? Cute.
Wonder why Dave Rauschkolb and mputnal never attack the majority CU believers with "anonymous" names?

#333 "greedy people."
#356 "always old rich people with nothing to do but spend their dyind days"
#437 "I for one look forward to you getting banned or slinking away soon as you cry and moan"
#789 "one lawyer/owner and a few sock puppets."
#934 : nuts :
#937 : trainwreck :: trainwreck :
#940 : trainwreck :: trainwreck :: trainwreck :: trainwreck :: trainwreck :
#1158 "Razor wire coming soon to a beach near you."
#1269 "Have you noticed that our world is ending soon because of runaway capitalism?"
#1272 "I'm just waiting on the revolution."
#1283 "OMG everybody! Retreat to our bama woods and load our guns!!!"
#1288 "The fact that beach front owners ... continue to spout propaganda is proof that either they know they are losing and venting frustration. Or ... va(i)nely can't keep their vindictive mouth shut."
#1309 "Expect the Supreme Court of the USA to rule that selling the beach was illegal. All the way back."
#1335 "Because those who call out the opposition by name while hiding are cowardly."
#1393 "Give me free beaches or give me death!"
#1396 "That's some class A bullshit spin right there my friends."
#1398 " don't need to keep repeating the BS over and over and over. Nothing better to do with your time? Doesn't your money need counting or something? I bet it's feeling neglected and lonely."
#1401 "Typical post from a victim troll. Do you even realize you remain trapped by the person who abused you as a child?"
#1426 "I don't want greedy people raping the beach. Or greedy people putting a chastity belt on it."
#1486 "you and your friends are soul crushers."
#1489 "Two typical elitist responses."
#1775 "Buzz Buzz"
#1778 "Buzz Buzz"
#1888 "Besides, even if you win you remain a greedy ahole to Beach lovers and neighbors. A million to one are odds not in your favor."

47 EZ4144 posts and not one fact; just juvenile whiny BPO attacks.

#914 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
"... if I came up to you and kicked you between the legs and then sued you; do you deny you would be angry at me? Or would you “abandon the ability to see a win-win?" why I kicked you between the legs?"

EZ4144, or any CU believer, how much of your personal money have you spent on this Walton Commissioner's CU litigation? A year later, well over a $1,000,000 in taxpayers legal fees on the Walton Commissioner’s side and Walton attorneys can not even get the basic FS163.035 BPO legal notices correct.

If you believe so strongly in CU would you be willing to place $15,000 of your own money in escrow and if BPOs prevail your money would go to reimburse BPOs legal fees? If CU prevails you get your money back. That’s skin in the game - not childish BPO name calling. If not, why not? Lets see how personal and angry you get when political police POWER attacks your private property rights by declaration that costs you many tens of thousands of dollars. CUnCourt.
Why so personal? You seem very angry.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
The anti-social media, intentional CU believer's misinformation, and posts like this make me angry.
Honestly, posts and pictures (f..abee) like that of course hurt CU credibility along with FBFA’s lies and video theatrics. Glad it wasn’t deleted. Just proves every barrel has a “bottom”.

Sorry that Mike Huckabee is constantly being attacked. He is a sincere, nice guy. I don’t agree with some of his viewpoints. But we all could say that for “most” people we know.

Dave (and supporters) could take the higher road and denounce that kind of stuff. Maybe he did and I missed it. But what does one expect when the populace is whipped into a frenzy with lies and mistruths on a subject as controversial and emotional as customary use?

I’ve said it before, Dave is a master with social media. Heck, he could even be our next President. :)

Last edited:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
4/25/2019
When you see a PCB or Destin bumper sticker, what thought immediately comes to mind? Probably same for all of us with any time spent here - nice, but it ain’t 30A!

Do you remember why you started renting/visiting here? What was it? Remember when you bought your first 30A property? Why here?

Because it was DIFFERENT, right? Remember the words you used to describe it to family and friends as you invited them here? “Private” “Quiet” “Intimate” “Less crowded”. That wasn’t by accident. The entire genetic code of Sowal beaches is because of the private ownership and neighborhood beach personalities.

You could rent “private beach”. You could buy “private beach”. There wasn’t a free for all frat party atmosphere because of unlimited public beach access on the sands. That behavior was regulated by the privately owned property where such behavior was immediately squelched. And yet, by custom, no one was ever “Kicked off” of private beaches because owners don’t do that unless bad actors abuse the privilege.

Walton County has always had more than 50% PUBLIC beach. Still does. That hasn’t changed. There are now deliberately misleading fear tactics out there with scary words like “Quiet Title” and “Privatization”, neither of which have affected one single square inch of public beach, not one. Yet, the mob mentality, orchestrated by local carnival barkers eager for fame and notoriety, and dollars, have mislead the citizens and deliberately tried to divide the community in a shell game of Customary Use.

The fact is that the county outran the capabilities of local Commissioners to plan for growth 20 years ago, and we haven’t improved that talent to deal with it even yet. So the County, in failing to plan beach availability, tried to illegally claim private property as public, without following the laws requiring judicial oversight. The local Good Ol’ Boys overreached their authority and got caught by the adults in Tallahassee.

So they then decide to sue 4,800 of Sowal citizens to take their property. That’s right, your tax money is being spent, and a lot of it, to SUE almost 5,000 of your neighbors, and steal what they agreed to purchase at a premium, and have a deed to prove it.

Don’t blame them please, they didn’t want or ask for this fight. They live here and care for these beaches just like you and me. Go meet them, they are truly the eclectic fabric of 30A. The signs they had to put up are just in defense of this new orchestrated public attack against them.

The bottom line is this: The minute you release the public to occupy all of Sowal beaches, you IMMEDIATELY get nasty Destin and PCB problems. How will you feel about that 30A sticker then? Nostalgic? Me too!
This post shouts elitism of 30a beachfront owners. Our community is "South Walton" from the interstate to the gulf. And very diverse. Most of us are workin for a livin. We see the sticker you reference as branding bikinis and expensive 4 wheel drives. An elitist tourist thing. We are not a brand we are a community of real people. That is our legacy. Not lawsuits. Not a handful of malcontents obsessed with lawsuits and property boundaries. Claiming to be better than your neighbors is a problem that you apparently do not understand. Destin and PCB are looking more and more preferable to SoWal because of you and yours.

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
4/25/2019

Thank you Reggie for a simple and accurate description of this issue. Facts are facts and that will remain the case regardless of how the CU supporters or activists portray the subject matter. Some of us continue to politely ask the commissioners how they can justify spending our tax dollars on a legal battle that will last years and may result in a big fat defeat. NO reply.

If anyone in the county has been provided that answer, please let the rest of us know. Although wasting taxpayer money on legal proceedings, based on zero to little facts, seems to be all the rage these days.

ALL county residents should agree that there are better uses with a far greater ROI for these monies than the CU legal fight. The only ones that may disagree are benefiting financially now from the proceedings and/or will in the future if the beaches are open to all.

The mere thought of new hotels and highrises supplying the spring / summer "mobs" to set up on the 30A beach strip should be a concern for every homeowner.