• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
I know this has been discussed a ton of times but somehow I always get the routes messed up :dunno: ....I'm heading south from Ohio and just want the best suggestions on how to get to Blue Mountain Beach/Adagio from I-65. I'll be coming down next week and need my map skills up to snuff to make for one less "struggle" with my mom. Thanks.

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
Wow! They gave a totally different route than I'm used to. They claim the drive time is shorter but more miles than what mapquest said. Strange. I just was wondering about the end of the trip from south of Birmingham off I-65. I've seen a few different suggestions so wondered if one is better than another.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There are multiple routes, and many posters each have their own preference. If you use a map search, such as google or yahoo, be sure to take it with a grain of salt. Never rely 100%. My ex-wife would tell you to simply follow the green hwy signs. You know, I tried that a few times, and it works. I don't think she has ever looked at a map, but she always gets where she's going. You may try to search for a thread using the key word, "directions."

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
Thanks, SJ. I know I'll make it there just fine since I've found my way several other times. We've stayed in Destin on our past 4 visits but never anywhere in SoWal. Last year was to be our first time but it coincided with Dennis. So my kids & I will be staying for 10 days with my mom & dad this time and then another 10 over July 4 week with my husband & his brother's family. Can't wait to get there whichever route I take! :clap_1:

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
if you're ever lost remember the motto 'go south!'

simplest ever route i ever saw (three turns onto different roads, yep, three!) was I-65 south to exit at Montgomery, Alabama South Blvd (Hwy 80) where you turn left at the light, buy gas and then go about a mile then turn right onto Hwy 331, and then turn right again at Hwy 98 and you're there.

I-65, 331, 98, 30A - can anybody better that for simplicity?

this is assuming anyone can follow the twists and turns of a lower alabama road once you're on it! :D

have fun

oh yeah, if you see a big black truck pulling a large cruising boat in your rear view mirror, just get out of the way (please) :razz:

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
aquaticbiology said:
if you're ever lost remember the motto 'go south!'

simplest ever route i ever saw (three turns onto different roads, yep, three!) was I-65 south to exit at Montgomery, Alabama South Blvd (Hwy 80) where you turn left at the light, buy gas and then go about a mile then turn right onto Hwy 331, and then turn right again at Hwy 98 and you're there.

I-65, 331, 98, 30A - can anybody better that for simplicity?

this is assuming anyone can follow the twists and turns of a lower alabama road once you're on it! :D

have fun

oh yeah, if you see a big black truck pulling a large cruising boat in your rear view mirror, just get out of the way (please) :razz:

I would have to agree. We come down every year and go the same route. It is the easiest and most direct. We are also departing from the Cleveland area.

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
KISH7374 said:
I would have to agree. We come down every year and go the same route. It is the easiest and most direct. We are also departing from the Cleveland area.
:clap_1: Same way we have been going for the past 3-4 yrs. Used to go through Georgianna, but this seems to be much quicker, and the old houses in some of the communities you go through are just beautiful. Not much scenery if you go the I-65 Georgianna route.