• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
Walton County Ideas for Visioning and Quality of Life (closed Facebook group)
RULE #2: Content or screenshots of content may not be "reproduced or distributed outside of this group without express permission"

Do the rules apply to all members?
Hmmm...Did a couple of previous posts just get deleted from this forum thread? I wonder why.
There are "very special" people on this forum.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
DanaMarie, my apologies to you. If I had said that your logic was flawed would that have been better? Of course not so I chose to use the power brokers own words who brought up the twilight zone type of reasoning because it is funny. I always try to lighten up the mood. My mistake and very sorry I hurt your feelings.

Why do you believe only in one narrow set of facts? Truth. Reality. Justice. Happiness. Purpose. Democracy. Are not these all part of reasoning? Are these not the elements of LLH that our founders applied to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? We have been beat over the head with one set of facts regarding exclusion in property rights but the property we are talking about has always been shared enjoyment IMO. Alex Miles even admits that it is not normal real estate. Reggie Gaskins even admits that the beach sand has always been shared. Who really owns shoreline sand that moves seaward then landward then up and down the beach? What about the people who have generations of history here that witnessed public recreational use up and down the beach? What about those facts? People with money and power have access to our political system that those in the working class and middle class do not have so why is that not a fact? Do you really not see the difference in an individual vote versus abuse of power? I understand the facts and principles of property law but it is not as cut and dry as you would like to believe. I will never understand why people like you and I have to resort to personal attacks. Yes you attacked me much worse. Own it.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
DanaMarie, Logic is the "science" of the "principles" of "reasoning". Science is a formal demonstration of natural laws. Principles is plural meaning there are multiple facts from different perspectives. Reasoning is sense which includes history, intelligent thought, knowledge and an ability to listen and learn. Humans have emotion which conflicts with logic. Neither of us are perfect so I say we live and let live and just try to get along which is the opposite of exclusion. My sense tells me that is the better way toward peace and harmony...

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
AlexMiles, You do know that the poster can delete their own post right? Reggie may have decided to delete his post that pooh poohed compromise as an option for these issues. Surely you are not insinuating that the moderators have strict rules of engagement on this forum :)

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
DanaMarie, my apologies to you. If I had said that your logic was flawed would that have been better? Of course not so I chose to use the power brokers own words who brought up the twilight zone type of reasoning because it is funny. I always try to lighten up the mood. My mistake and very sorry I hurt your feelings.

Why do you believe only in one narrow set of facts? Truth. Reality. Justice. Happiness. Purpose. Democracy. Are not these all part of reasoning? Are these not the elements of LLH that our founders applied to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? We have been beat over the head with one set of facts regarding exclusion in property rights but the property we are talking about has always been shared enjoyment IMO. Alex Miles even admits that it is not normal real estate. Reggie Gaskins even admits that the beach sand has always been shared. Who really owns shoreline sand that moves seaward then landward then up and down the beach? What about the people who have generations of history here that witnessed public recreational use up and down the beach? What about those facts? People with money and power have access to our political system that those in the working class and middle class do not have so why is that not a fact? Do you really not see the difference in an individual vote versus abuse of power? I understand the facts and principles of property law but it is not as cut and dry as you would like to believe. I will never understand why people like you and I have to resort to personal attacks. Yes you attacked me much worse. Own it.

A very researched, reasoned, relevant and important post.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
FORCED occupation of private property of unlimited people and unlimited equipment AGAINST the will of the property owner has NEVER been permitted in the State of Florida. Never ever.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Scj, my mistake on your civility. Using a trigger word like "forced" in bold caps along with the other bold caps has only one purpose and it is not civility. Your purpose here is to trigger an emotional reaction. Does that make you feel good about anything I wonder? I proved to you using the Statue that you posted that the local government entity had authority to "adopt" and "notify" their position of customary use. The lawsuit is an "affirmation" process where bpo's are given the opportunity to have a voice in the matter. The court must affirm or deny the county's declaration of customary use. If affirmed it has been said by the power brokers that they will appeal to the Supreme Court. So where is the force? Using forced occupation is really low on your part. The force you are talking about must exist in the twilight zone :)

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
An ordinance that permits unlimited people and unlimited equipment AGAINST the will of the property owner is FORCED occupation. It is illegal in the State of Florida for a local Government Entity to enforce such an ordinance without judicial approval.

The lawsuit is an opportunity for the BCC to PROVE that this occupation of private property against the will of the property owner in the State of Florida is Ancient, Reasonable, Without Interruption, and Without Dispute. If they cannot PROVE those 4 criteria then forced occupation will continued to be not allowed in the State of Florida.

Maybe Judge Green will change that and for the first time in the State of Florida history give judicial approval for occupation of private property against the will of the property owner so the BCC can pursue billions of tourists dollars?

If the BCC can make billions of tourists dollars (read the 2016 BCC minutes), why not just buy property and build more public beaches with parking and bathrooms instead of trying to take it away from the legally deeded property owners?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Only honest and respectful discussion is OK on this forum. Personal attacks are not allowed. This topic is important to our community but lines have been crossed on this thread. It will be locked for a time to allow reflection of everyone involved.

If our simple rules can't be followed then customary use discussion on this forum will end permanently.