• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

This past week I drove my daughter to the airport so she could visit a friend out of state. On the short drive I passed a blazing red Lamborghini and a sparkling silver Ferrari California on highway 98. Amazingly, the entire drive home to Santa Rosa Beach I was behind an impressive McLaren 570S. A McLaren. On highway 98.

For those of you who aren’t car people, suffice to say that’s pretty tough to do in Beverly Hills on an average day.

Continue reading...

What do you think? We all need community feedback, ideas, suggestions ... please share!

Maison Bleu Properties

Beach Comber
Feb 9, 2016
Great article, Jason. My husband and I bought a lot in Grayton Beach over 15 years ago to build our retirement home. As SoWal started changing, I really miss Patrone's, we have listed it and unlisted it. Our little piece of paradise was changing and we didn't like it. But change is unavoidable and after looking around at other areas, we've decided to stay with SoWal. As far as Luxury Locale, it's good and bad IMHO.
Thanks much and I agree with you!

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
I think it's time for some thoughtful planning re: future development of the 30A area. Wouldn't it be great if you drove down 30A and could actually see the beach? Those days are long gone but that doesn't mean we have to continue to gobble up every square inch of land.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
I think it's time for some thoughtful planning re: future development of the 30A area. Wouldn't it be great if you drove down 30A and could actually see the beach? Those days are long gone but that doesn't mean we have to continue to gobble up every square inch of land.
Not sure I'm clear on "gobble up every square inch of land" :dunno:

Much of south walton is owned by the state or county. The rest is privately owned.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I have to laugh at the first paragraph... speaking to someone a few years ago and they were just looking around Smallmart parking lot shaking their head. I told them "yep..you know your in a special place when there are Bentleys, Mazerattis,and Lambos in the Walmart parking lot."