• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
State laws govern tourist tax spending with a high percentage for advertising and marketing. I suppose there are ways to better spend. But as long as tourism is main biz then heads in beds will likely prevail. We used to have leaders who cared about the environment. But none of them would barb wire beaches or hire lawyers to shut them down.

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
Has the county had a response in regard to these properties? What is the standard course of action to get the property owners to make the necessary improvement / cleanup? Both properties seem to be "somewhat vacant" when you go past the street side.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Has the county had a response in regard to these properties? What is the standard course of action to get the property owners to make the necessary improvement / cleanup? Both properties seem to be "somewhat vacant" when you go past the street side.
Last I saw Walton codes state that any seawalls, geotubes, etc be completely covered in approved white sand. Also properly permitted which requires extensive permitting with the state of Florida. Most of the seawalls built circa 2005-2006 were never covered properly or had all or parts of them exposed.

Aside from the eyesore and pollution, imagine all that jagged rusted metal all up and down our beaches after the next big one. Criminal!

And beachfront owners have the nerve to say they own and protect the beach. Pitiful.

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
"And beachfront owners have the nerve to say they own and protect the beach. Pitiful."

My MAIN point was trying to find a direction for resolution about the eyesore that these two properties show.

Regarding your unnecessary "jab", I am a BFO. And I continue to put up fencing / vegetation to promote growth and beach protection.

AND as a beachfront owner, I am used to going on the beach and pick up cans, trash, fish hooks, etc... from those who come on my property and leave it behind.

Try sticking to the main subject of finding a remedy to improve those properties.

Alex Miles

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2019
Montgomery
The upside of FBFA's attorney's newfound twitter fame is perhaps they will get enough donations now requiring more reporting details to the IRS. That will be so interesting to see where their money goes. As if we don't all already have our suspicions.

Then again, it's really easy for the Huckabee hate club mob to click "follow". But will they make donations? So interesting to see the FBFA leadership now try to use their attorney's new Twitter fame as a platform to plea for donations. For legal expenses. Like we didn't see that coming.

Last edited:

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
"And beachfront owners have the nerve to say they own and protect the beach. Pitiful."

My MAIN point was trying to find a direction for resolution about the eyesore that these two properties show.

Regarding your unnecessary "jab", I am a BFO. And I continue to put up fencing / vegetation to promote growth and beach protection.

AND as a beachfront owner, I am used to going on the beach and pick up cans, trash, fish hooks, etc... from those who come on my property and leave it behind.

Try sticking to the main subject of finding a remedy to improve those properties.
Thanks SUP View..my ONLY reason for posting the photos was to get some feedback on what steps we residents can take to get Whoever it is that should be enforcing what needs to be done by these owners to remedy this mess. The Beach along Blue Mountain is so beautiful but when you enter the beach at that access...it’s the one up from the creamery...it’s disgusting. I had family in town for Thanksgiving and when we went down to the beach they asked why in the world this was allowed. I had to say to them we have a huge lack of enforcement when It comes to MANY issues on the beach..So who do we contact to get some ACTION??