• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SUP View

Beach Lover
Jul 22, 2019
Above Water
mputnal said:
On your parcel do you put up fence or other means of delineating a private specific use? If not then how would you expect a beach user to interpret your private specific use?

The key word here is "private".

And it is developers, business owners, and surfer vigilantes that are wearing the "Team Power Broker" jerseys as they push the CU narrative.

The BFO's just want the rights to their legally obtained property to remain in their respective control.

It is the USA.

DanaMarie

Beach Comber
Jun 22, 2016
Point Washington
Good points Alex Miles.

I agree with the opinion of many along 30A, BFO's and non-BFO's, that the whole CU push is losing steam. The law and facts will supersede group-think emotion. The educated people on both sides of the issue realize the incredible county tax dollar waste with the lawsuit, the seemingly unwillingness of the WCC to work toward a compromise, and the reality that there is plenty of beach for everyone. It really is unfortunate that the WCC selected this path.

SUP View, I really enjoyed the book Victims of Groupthink. I read it many years ago and its lessens have stuck with me. Look how well the "groupthink" mentally worked out for JFK in the Bay of Pigs fiasco (NOT!).

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Hey Mary B., for someone in Sep who called for the public customary use thread to be shut down because “of hate and rants.” #1483 9/4/2019, then post photos of private property on the CU thread and make BPO judgments -- without any facts seems disingenuous. Except to vilify a BPO and BPO social media doxing. Would you like it if someone did what you have on your private property in north BMB without any facts? OUR beaches has always been and is legally the foreshore sand seaward of the MHWL property boundary. Not too many issues there. But if you have some facts about BPO code violations - please start a thread and inform us there.

DanaMarie, the anti-social media and misinformation has not worked out well for the largest democratic parliamentary republic in the world - India. “India, where roughly 450 million people have smartphones, is already struggling with a huge fake news problem with misinformation having led to mass beatings and mob lynchings.” Fake Videos, Photos And Messages Circulate On Social Media Amid India Pakistan Tensions

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Hey Mary B., for someone in Sep who called for the public customary use thread to be shut down because “of hate and rants.” #1483 9/4/2019, then post photos of private property on the CU thread and make BPO judgments -- without any facts seems disingenuous. Except to vilify a BPO and BPO social media doxing. Would you like it if someone did what you have on your private property in north BMB without any facts? OUR beaches has always been and is legally the foreshore sand seaward of the MHWL property boundary. Not too many issues there. But if you have some facts about BPO code violations - please start a thread and inform us there.

DanaMarie, the anti-social media and misinformation has not worked out well for the largest democratic parliamentary republic in the world - India. “India, where roughly 450 million people have smartphones, is already struggling with a huge fake news problem with misinformation having led to mass beatings and mob lynchings.” Fake Videos, Photos And Messages Circulate On Social Media Amid India Pakistan Tensions
Calm down man or woman I’m more on the side of Beach front owners then CU..The irresponsible obnoxious disrespectful behavior of people who are visitors here disgusts me and most residents and friends just as much as it does you. If real and consistent ENFORCEMENT had been done the last several years rather than appeasing the tourists a lot of this could’ve been avoided...take a chill pill

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
Beachfront owners playing the victim whining whining poor me oh poor me CU is so mean.

Does that actually work for anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Is Huckabee really our enemy? Do you even know him? Or are your opinions about him formed by what you've read in social media and tabloid editorials?
Is your legal understanding of quieting a title on private property as sound as you think it is?
Why have the customary use activivists zeroed in on Huckabee?

Do you know how the ol' Huckster came to be a resident of our beaches? Do you think that the fact we have no state income tax here had anything to do with his move to Florida? Maybe you should read up on how he and his buddy Haak came about building on a "unbuildable" lots. How they managed to get houses built on the beach to start with has me irritated.