• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Too Late, It’s official,
Our 30A Legacy Has Been Destroyed

Our slice of heaven has been prostituted to personal agendas, hollow local fame, big fish in a really small pond, and manipulation of a community so utterly divided by class warfare, they just forever ruined the very prize they coveted so dearly.

There’s no turning back. Lines in the sand are permanent. Your local heroes have forced a finite definition of property lines, and an aggressive defense of same, with a deliberately misleading public campaign of emotional garbage. Welcome to checkerboard beach, folks, forever divided.

I’m embarrassed for the people of Walton County. Think about it. Your global brand is no longer our pristine beach of heaven’s sugar and dreamy waters.

Walton County Brand is now a middle school level, far left political icon, with a national following of radical Huckabee haters who never heard of Customary Use. This is engineered by a singular assault on the intelligence of fair and level minded people, to the dismay of those of us just wanting to all get along peacefully.

The war is here, and now endless. I cry for our paradise lost. I’m ashamed at the success of those who leveraged the greed of those unknowing, who coveted their neighbor’s property. For they had it all along, but never again. Too late.
The court case will go on, and be dismissed by something short of SCOTUS.

This latest volley of public vitriol has disgusted the rational minded peeps right over the edge of reason. You wanted this fight, God only knows why. Could it really be a wasteland of our legacy - traded for small town personal publicity & political ambitions?

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Unlike previous BPO censored SoWal posts, since Dave Rauschkolb’s two WaltonWatchDog Tweets were allowed by SoWal, any WaltonWatchDog Tweet is now permitted or will Dave Rauschkolb’s belief’s be deleted too?
Now if Admin would please fix my account to not be slowed to a snail's pace to use and function like CU believer accounts.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Too Late, It’s official,
Our 30A Legacy Has Been Destroyed

Our slice of heaven has been prostituted to personal agendas, hollow local fame, big fish in a really small pond, and manipulation of a community so utterly divided by class warfare, they just forever ruined the very prize they coveted so dearly.

There’s no turning back. Lines in the sand are permanent. Your local heroes have forced a finite definition of property lines, and an aggressive defense of same, with a deliberately misleading public campaign of emotional garbage. Welcome to checkerboard beach, folks, forever divided.

I’m embarrassed for the people of Walton County. Think about it. Your global brand is no longer our pristine beach of heaven’s sugar and dreamy waters.

Walton County Brand is now a middle school level, far left political icon, with a national following of radical Huckabee haters who never heard of Customary Use. This is engineered by a singular assault on the intelligence of fair and level minded people, to the dismay of those of us just wanting to all get along peacefully.

The war is here, and now endless. I cry for our paradise lost. I’m ashamed at the success of those who leveraged the greed of those unknowing, who coveted their neighbor’s property. For they had it all along, but never again. Too late.
The court case will go on, and be dismissed by something short of SCOTUS.

This latest volley of public vitriol has disgusted the rational minded peeps right over the edge of reason. You wanted this fight, God only knows why. Could it really be a wasteland of our legacy - traded for small town personal publicity & political ambitions?

“Oh the humanity!“ I’ll say it again, that we would have the audacity to challenge those who would throw up no trespassing signs and exclude the public from beaches they have tread upon and played upon and joyfully used with their children and grandchildren as long as anyone can remember. Yes we will challenge this travesty. And the only thing we seek to (re)gain is the use of our beaches as we have always used them.

And without a doubt, private beaches will(has) destroy(ed) our 30a legacy.

Last edited:

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Yeah OK. I think we'll be alright. As long as we can enjoy our beaches that is.
And without a doubt, private beaches will destroy our 30a legacy.

There is not a person alive today when all the property above the MHWL was all Public Property. It has always been Private Property and Private Property is the 30A legacy from the beginning. People have always been able to use the private property if it was not against the will of the property owner. Sometime you had to rent the property to use it and sometimes not and sometimes the answer was no. Has been that way in Florida since time immemorial. There has NEVER been force occupation of unlimited people with unlimited beach equipment on private property AGAINST the will of the property owner (includes both beach front and non-beach front).

We have MORE public access (State Parks and Public Beach) today than we did in 1990 due to purchases by the State of Florida (Topsail) and Walton County purchases converted into Public Beach.

The difference is we had 10% of the tourists in 1990 than we do today. This has NEVER been about access to beach by residents of Walton County, this is ALL ABOUT in increase of tourists (4 million this year and growing). A rate of tourist increase far greater than the infrastructure permits.

What is the number of tourists that we can handle today for the current infrastructure? Some argue we have already far exceeded what we can handle without significant damage to our unique and sensitive ecosystem. How many tourists do we want to accommodate and what plans are being made to build that infrastructure (purchasing property, building parking, restrooms, road ways, etc).

The BCC can purchase property but they cannot steal it (taking use away from the owner without compensation AKA stealing).

Even if they buy more property we still have very serious issues about how many tourists can be accommodated, even with additional purchases by the State and County.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Unlike previous BPO censored SoWal posts, since Dave Rauschkolb’s two WaltonWatchDog Tweets were allowed by SoWal, any WaltonWatchDog Tweet is now permitted or will Dave Rauschkolb’s belief’s be deleted too?
Now if Admin would please fix my account to not be slowed to a snail's pace to use and function like CU believer accounts.
:nuts:

If you have a problem report it.

:violin::banned::hammock:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Fbb, believe it or not we have something in common :) The functionality of my forum membership account has been quite slow for years ever since I defended the Confederate monuments! However the difference is I am not complaining so much...

Rg, be careful what you wish for "the war is here and is endless". I tried to tell you early on that winning the issue of private exclusive beach enjoyment for your class was like winning a battle and losing a war. Maybe it is what you wanted all along because "peace" was/is available. All you have to do is share the beach sand and nothing else. Why is your principle of exclusive beach enjoyment so important? What do you really fear? The Liberals are coming? I am as conservative as anyone but I do not think in terms of there is only one way or the highway. I understand emotions are high in this country and everyone feels like they must fight and defend something but what in the world is wrong with having exclusive views and sharing the beach sand??? Do you really believe Scotus is in your favor because of the Trump appointees? I think you will force the States to protect the entire shoreline. Most wars can be avoided. Just think it through...

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
I think you will force the States to protect the entire shoreline.

The State already does protect the entire shoreline and a person can walk the entire beach front, swim, build sandcastles, or fish (with the exception of the Federal lands owned by the Military).

That is different than forced occupation of private property by unlimited people with unlimited equipment against the will of the property owner which has NEVER been permitted by the State of Florida.

If the BCC can make Billions of tourists tax dollars (see the minutes of the 2016 BCC special meeting) then why not just buy property and turn into Public Beach? Purchasing property by the BCC or the State of Florida is not only legal, but has been done since time immemorial to protect land for future generations. Purchasing property is legal. Stealing it is illegal (until Judge Green makes a judicial ruling that can stand up to the review of the US Supreme Court).

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
The State already does protect the entire shoreline and a person can walk the entire beach front, swim, build sandcastles, or fish (with the exception of the Federal lands owned by the Military).

That is different than forced occupation of private property by unlimited people with unlimited equipment against the will of the property owner which has NEVER been permitted by the State of Florida.

If the BCC can make Billions of tourists tax dollars (see the minutes of the 2016 BCC special meeting) then why not just buy property and turn into Public Beach? Purchasing property by the BCC or the State of Florida is not only legal, but has been done since time immemorial to protect land for future generations. Purchasing property is legal. Stealing it is illegal (until Judge Green makes a judicial ruling that can stand up to the review of the US Supreme Court).

So that’s it. Do you wanna profit off of Sand you don’t even pay taxes on? The unbuildable sand has value for being close in proximity to the water and the view. Your home is worth more because of that but not because you pay taxes on that sand. Eminent domain valuations, should it ever happen, should be worth no more than $400 per parcel for what it cost to quiet title the sand.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Eminent domain valuations, should it ever happen, should be worth no more than $400 per parcel for what it cost to quiet title the sand.

If the Beach Front Property is only "worth" $400, why did the BCC pay $7.2 MILLION Dollars for the private property across from Stinky's that they just opened as a Public Beach?

The "myth" that taxes are not paid on beach front property has also been proven wrong numerous times, along with the "myth" of public beach made private by quiet title or the "myth" that public beach became private property due to HB631