• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
The incessant posting by those wanting private beach enjoyment at the expense of public beach enjoyment seemed to be tied to a particular political party with a lot of power at the moment.

No Private Property in the State of Florida has ever been subject to FORCED occupation of unlimited people and unlimited equipment AGAINST the will of the property owner. Never ever. Not saying that it can not happen. Just that it is currently not legal and has never happened before. So yea, maybe you can change the Constitution.

The property purchased by Gov Huckabee was Private Property before he ever became Governor of Arkansas. No property in Blue Mountain Beach was EVER made Private by Quiet Title. Governor Huckabee purchased private property from other private property owners.

Each individual property owner can decide if they want to allow day camping (chairs., umbrellas, beach equipment) on their private property and the rules associated it with (for example must pay a fee or be staying on the grounds like the rules at all Florida State Parks).

If the County wants more private property and made into Public Beach then buy it like they have done since time immemorial instead of trying to steal it.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
No Private Property in the State of Florida has ever been subject to FORCED occupation of unlimited people and unlimited equipment AGAINST the will of the property owner. Never ever. Not saying that it can not happen. Just that it is currently not legal and has never happened before. So yea, maybe you can change the Constitution.

The property purchased by Gov Huckabee was Private Property before he ever became Governor of Arkansas. No property in Blue Mountain Beach was EVER made Private by Quiet Title. Governor Huckabee purchased private property from other private property owners.

Each individual property owner can decide if they want to allow day camping (chairs., umbrellas, beach equipment) on their private property and the rules associated it with (for example must pay a fee or be staying on the grounds like the rules at all Florida State Parks).

If the County wants more private property and made into Public Beach then buy it like they have done since time immemorial instead of trying to steal it.

I'm pretty sure that the Framers didn't consider protection from being butthurt a God given right, but what do I know? There is a whole other thread involving private property debate, this one is about Mike's fragile ego.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
The Huckster and the Haak bought private "unbuildable" lots then CREATED enough land to build their "compounds". Hell they even got a "BOGO" on the permits. But Mother Nature can be a b**ch sometimes.....she claimed that little section of beach once before and she will probably do it again. She really doesnt care how holds the title or if it is "Private" or not.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure that the Framers didn't consider protection from being butthurt a God given right, but what do I know? There is a whole other thread involving private property debate, this one is about Mike's fragile ego.
He's a tad touchy. I guess attorney Dan got under his skin.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Mr. Huckabee is also a resident of Walton County. One might also argue that there are other residents of Walton County, who by virtue of their activism could be called "public figures". But hatred for those you disagree with seems to be trendy these days.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Mr. Huckabee is also a resident of Walton County. One might also argue that there are other residents of Walton County, who by virtue of their activism could be called "public figures". But hatred for those you disagree with seems to be trendy these days.
I don't see hatred on this forum but I have no problem pointing out his million watt lights at his beachfront home alone make him a bad neighbor to people and turtles and other wildlife. Light polluters get no defense from me.

I've seen things he says and does publicly that are hateful though. Especially against the environment and LGBTQ peoples. I imagine he doesn't need your pity though he likes the heat in the kitchen and handles it better than most right wing snowflakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.